Have you ever heard the phrase “it’s right on the tip of my tongue?” The snake eyes piercing is one of a kind. Tongue piercings are not a new trend; they first gained popularity in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
People like them because they’re easier to hide than other sorts of piercings—as long as you learn how to communicate around the jewelry—and they have a sensuous quality to them.
People have begun to look for methods to make their tongue piercings really distinctive as tongue piercings have grown in popularity. This has resulted in piercing kinds such as numerous tongue piercings, surface tongue piercings, and the snake eyes tongue piercing, which is the subject of this article.
Because of the position of the snake eyes tongue piercing, people interested in this piercing must be aware of specific hazards and take extra precautions during the healing process.
It can be tough to get used to the jewelry on the tip of the tongue, and it’s not uncommon for people to suffer from damaged teeth as a result of biting on the jewelry by accident.
Although many piercers advise avoiding this piercing, we realize that once you’ve decided on a piercing, it may be difficult to let go.
We want you to have a safe piercing and recover properly, so we’ve put up a guide that outlines the possible hazards of this piercing, how to get it done safely, and necessary aftercare procedures.
Here’s all you need to know about snake eyes tongue piercing.
What is a Snake Eye Piercing?
Venom piercing, also known as Snake Eyes Piercing, is a horizontal tongue piercing near the tip of the tongue(or somewhere very close to it).
The piercing jewelry runs side to side through the tongue tip, emerging at both ends, replicating the look of snake eyes with your tongue functioning as the fictional snakehead, as you would have guessed. Snake eyes piercings are not your typical piercing style since
1) they demand a lot of dedication
2) they are mostly hidden.
As a result, finding an amateur body artist with one is quite unusual. The opposite is true among expert piercers; for this group of body piercers, it is one of the most popular piercing methods.
What Does a Snake Eye Piercing Entail?
As I previously stated, snake eye piercings are a little more difficult to achieve since the piercing jewelry must extend the whole horizontal length of the tongue tip. However, for an experienced piercer, this is a pretty simple technique.
Typically, a tongue inspection accompanies the piercing process to ensure that your tongue can withstand the stress and strain of the piercing.
Body artists agree that the thinner the tongue, the less ideal it is for snake eyes piercings (and generally any other tongue piercing for that matter).
The process itself takes only a few minutes, and in the proper hands, suffering is minor.
After that, depending on your tongue’s structure, the piercer will implant a straight or curved barbell.
While the following stages vary depending on the piercer, most oral piercings follow a similar pattern:
- To lower the quantity of microorganisms in your mouth, you’ll be given an antiseptic mouthwash to rinse.
- Using a body-safe marker, the piercer will mark the barbell’s entrance and exit sites.
- To keep your mouth steady for the needle, little forceps will be utilised.
- The initial marking is then pierced with a hollow, sterile needle inserted from the bottom of the tongue. The ball is fastened on once the barbell has been driven through.
- On the other side of your tongue, the piercer will repeat the process.
For This Piercing, What Kind of Jewellery is Used?
The most frequent form of venom-piercing jewelry is straight barbells. The entrance and exit points of a barbell have two ball end that threads into place.
Initial piercings require jewelry that is long enough to permit swelling, which is inevitable.
After a few weeks of preliminary healing, your piercer will remove the imitation jewellery and replace it with more fashionable jewellery that you choose.
To protect your tongue’s health, don’t take over your piercer’s job and try to re-calibrate your new piercing on your own.
Is it Going to be Painful?
Yes, I believe that is the case. It’s frequently reported as being much over a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 by those who have had a venom piercing. They also claim that it’s far more painful than a typical tongue piercing, and that the second piercing may be even worse.
However, it’s difficult to tell how severe it will be for you. Pain is personal, and no two people have the same experience.
With Snake Eyes Piercing, What Can I Eat?
Your piercing artist would probably advise you to consume soft meals for the first week or two after getting your snake eyes pierced.
You are forming in the tongue, where food particles might become lodged and difficult or impossible to remove, due to the recently opened nature of the wound.
Furthermore, avoiding hot meals and alcohol, both of which can irritate and harm the piercing region, would be beneficial. When it comes to dietary regulations with this sort of piercing, it’s always best to be cautious than sorry.
Snake Eye Piercing Aftercare and Recovery
The healing time for snake eyes piercings ranges from 6 to 9 weeks. Within a week of your piercing, the swelling should be gone.
Follow the steps below to get your recovery started on the right foot:
- Before accessing your piercing, always wash your hands completely.
- Do not attempt to remove your jewellery until it has fully healed.
- Removing jewellery too soon might result in piercing closure.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene by brushing and flossing with attention.
- To prevent the risk of infection, clean your piercing twice a day as directed below.
Learn more about how to do good aftercare.
How to Keep Your Piercing Clean
Throughout the day, rinse with non-alcoholic mouthwash after eating or drinking. This reduces the possibility of germs infecting your piercing.
1. Clean your piercing twice a day with a saline solution.
2. To create a saline solution, dissolve 1/4 teaspoon sea salt in 8 oz warm water.
3. Apply a small amount of the solution on a clean pad or cloth and place it on your piercing for a few minutes.
4. You may also swirl the solution around and keep your piercing in it.
When you’re finished, make sure to wipe off the jewellery. For a clean piercing, repeat this method once in the morning and once at night.
What are the Potential Dangers of this Piercing?
After piercing your tongue, you might expect pain, swelling, bleeding, and bruises, but these symptoms should fade over the next week.
Tongue piercings do, however, pose additional hazards beyond those associated with other piercings. Here are some of the potential dangers:
- Infection. Infections can occur as a result of the operation or inadequate treatment if germs enter the incisions.
- Infections transmitted through the blood: Bloodborne illnesses such as HIV, tetanus, and hepatitis B and C can be contracted by infected needles.
- An allergic response: The jewellery material, especially if it includes nickel, might induce an allergic response in persons with sensitive skin.
- Swelling of the tongue and obstruction of the airway: Swelling of the tongue is natural, but if it grows too much, it might restrict your airway.
- Bleeding: If a blood artery is injured during the piercing, severe bleeding may occur.
- Enhanced saliva production. Tongue piercings can occasionally increase saliva production and cause drooling.
- Problems with the teeth and gums: Your jewellery can irritate and harm your teeth and gums by rubbing against them. If you bite down on your jewellery unintentionally, you might chip or shatter a tooth.
- Abscesses in the heart and brain: Though uncommon, there have been reported occurrences of heart and brain abscesses, some of which were fatalTrusted Source, caused by an infection that spread via the circulation after a tongue piercing.
A snake eyes piercing is one of the more frightening piercings you may have, but if you really like the look, you’ll probably want to take all the risks and go forward with it.
Because life is unpredictable and you never know what may happen, you don’t want fear to govern all of your actions. Don’t let anyone persuade you out of getting a snake eyes piercing. You understand yourself better than anyone else. You are aware of your capabilities and the extent to which you are willing to go. Now you may go out and enjoy your new style.