Google, the world’s largest internet business, provides scholarships to female computer science students. The General Google Scholarship programme was created to assist students pursuing computer science degrees in excelling in the field and becoming leaders. This is an excellent opportunity for Pakistani female students who are pursuing a degree in computer science at a reputable university. Selected students will receive $1,000 USD for 2021-2022.
A dedication to diversity, equality, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic achievement are among the selection criteria for the Generation Google Scholarship for women in computer science. Students who meet all of the program’s minimum requirements are encouraged to apply, and women interested in computer science are particularly encouraged to do so.
The last date to apply for the Generation Google Scholarship is March 29, 2021. The scholarship application process shall start from March 01, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for General Google Scholarship
Candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria may apply for the Generation Google Scholarship
- Full-time student, currently enrolled
- Be a 1st year or 2nd-year student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in one of the following Asia Pacific countries/regions:
- Southeast Asia+: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam
- Be studying computer science, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
How to Apply for Generation Google Scholarship
Online application form will be available on March 01, 2021. The application form will be available till March 29, 2021. You will be required to fill in the followgs:
- General Information
- Academic Records
- Responses to two short essay questions (Refer below)
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post-application deadline)
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. 1st-year students compared to other 1st year students).
Note: Google Online Challenge solely serves as an additional data point when reviewing your application holistically.
Essay questions and the online challenge is very important. Those targeting to avail Generation Google Scholarship must do very well in these areas.
Application form will be available at https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/generation-google-scholarship-apac/