HEC Islamabad has announced domestic and international scholarships for LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. students from Balochistan. Scholarships are available for students pursuing LLB and LLM degrees at local universities. For LLB and Ph.D. degrees, foreign scholarships are available. Scholarships are available through the “Law Graduates Scholarship Programme for Balochistan Students to Study Abroad – HEC”.
The deadline for submitting an online application is March 18, 2021. Applications are being accepted from applicants who have a Balochistan Province Domicile/Local Certificate for the award of scholarships for law studies in the following categories:
- Indigenous / Local LLB (5Years)
- Indigenous / Local LLM
- Foreign LLM
- Foreign Ph.D
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Law local and foreign scholarships
- Applicant must possess the Domicile/Local Certificate of Balochistan
- Maximum age as on the closing date of submission of applications:
- LLB (5 years): 25 years
- LLM: 30 years
- Ph.D.: 35 years
- For LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. scholarships, the candidates must have completed HSSC/equivalent, LLB, and LLM respectively, from HEC recognized universities before the closing date of the applications.
- For LLB, the candidates must have completed 12 years of education with at least 50% marks in BISE intermediate examination/equivalent.
- For LLM and Ph.D., the applicants must have completed LLB, LLM respectively from HEC recognized DAls with at least 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must secure a minimum of 50% marks (Accumulative Test Score) in Aptitude Test.
- Applicants must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date. Result awaiting students are not eligible to apply.
- Any applicant who is already availing of any other scholarship is not eligible to apply.
How to apply for HEC Local and Foreign Scholarships for Law students of Balochistan
- Applicants are required to submit only online application through eportal.hec.gov.pk
- Hard copy of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- Applicants have to deposit/online transfer/Bank Draft/Pay Order/ATM transfer Rs. 500/ (Non-refundable), as application processing fee in favor of Director General Finance, HEC. The fee can be deposited in Habib Bank Limited A/C No. 1742-79001334-01.
- The original bank payment record/slip should be kept safe by the applicant to submit when required by HEC.
- Incomplete applications in any respect will not be considered.
- Eligible applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of test and academic credential scores. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
- 15-20% scholarships will be reserved for the children of victims’ families (martyred/severely injured) in the blast of August 8, 2016, in Quetta, if they fulfill the required criteria.
- In case of non-availability of students from victim families, scholarships will be awarded on merit to other eligible candidates.
- Applicants must meet HEC and university eligibility criteria in place for admission in LLB, LLM and Ph.D. programs.
- The scholarship will only be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission in HEC recognized public sector universities/institutions or W-Category private universities.
- Foreign scholarship applicants have to provide admission letters in the top 500 universities (in QS Ranking) after the selection.
- A merit list of scholarships will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicants and in case of any misrepresentation/error/omission, the scholarship shall be canceled at any stage.
- If the applicants are already employed/serving, they should be from the law-relevant field (Practicing advocate, judicial officer, law faculty members, and prosecutors from prosecution departments). The Scholarship Management Committee would review the organizations of already employed applicants. The decision of the committee to consider the already employed applicants will be final and not challengeable.
- Serving employees will be required to provide NOC and avail study leave from their respective organizations.
- Only those applicants, who meet the eligibility criteria and other requirements, will be considered for further shortlisting.
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the Scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Last date for submission of online application: Thursday, March 18, 2021
Daily Medicos is a content hub that provides articles on Health & Wellness, prevention from diseases, Guidance for medical conditions, Healthy Nutritional tips, inspiration on mental health problems, and a Healthy living lifestyle!