Scrubs are an essential part of the healthcare profession. Whether it is to protect yourself against germs or for protection against bodily fluids, you need scrubs that are durable and comfortable.
However, with the variety of Medical scrubs available in the market, one can easily be overwhelmed with choosing what will work best for their needs.
With these 8 tips on buying surgical scrubs like a pro, you will be able to find the best scrub within your budget and fit your needs with ease. So for all those people wondering how to scrubs? We have got your back!
Why Do Doctors Wear Scrubs?
When walking in a clinic or a hospital, you may sometimes end up wondering Why Do Doctors Wear Scrubs? It’s pretty simple! Medical Scrubs are part of the uniform that distinct doctors from nurses and vice versa and are pretty helpful for them. Let’s find out why!
- Doctors wear Medical scrubs because they are easy to clean and maintain. You do not have to spend hours washing a medicine stain off of your favourite t-shirt when all you can do is wear Medical scrubs and easily get the stain off. These are easy to clean and maintain too, which is a priority especially if you are a doctor who’s working long hours.
- Medical Scrubs are known to be comfortable, which is a key factor especially for doctors. Imagine working a 10 hour shift wearing denim and not being able to feel comfortable at all. Why worry when you have the option of wearing Medical scrubs that are too made out of a material of your choice? These scrubs make you feel at ease and help you get through those long hours!
- Doctors wear Medical Scrubs to keep the dirt away, especially with their shifts. These are clothes of convenience, and help you get through the day by protecting your body from any dander and dirt.
- Cross-contamination? Yes yes! This is so true and it occurs mostly. Medical scrubs keep you safe and secure from the possibility of contracting dangerous diseases from patients in the hospital. These are protective shields!
- Doctors wear scrubs for convenience, you do not have to worry about buying new clothes when you can conveniently just get medical scrubs that can be worn to the shift. These are soft, and an excellent everyday uniform for all those who are doctors!
With that being said, you are probably wondering how to buy medical scrubs online? When you have your back then you need not worry! Keep reading to find out 8 tips that help you decide how to make the best choice.
7 tips To Help You Buy Medical Scrubs
It takes an expert to buy the best scrubs for your needs. However, with these 8 tips, you will be able to buy scrubs like a pro.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
1. Determine your Purpose
Until you know why you are buying scrubs, it can be difficult to know what to look for. The reason why you need to ask yourself a few questions before buying Medical scrubs. Before you head out to buy scrubs, there are five questions that you need to ask yourself in order to find the right outfit for your needs.
1) What is my budget?
2) What kind of job do I have?
3) Where do I plan on wearing these scrubs, in a clinic or an operating room?
4) What size am I?
5) Do these scrubs come with a guarantee?
After knowing the answer to these five questions you will conveniently be able to find the best scrubs. Having said that, let’s find out how you can determine your budget and get the best scrubs for yourself!
2. Determine your Budget
The question is: How much do scrubs cost? It is important to always ask yourself these three questions before making a purchase: What are my requirements? What am I willing to spend? And, what will suit me best?
It’s best that you determine what your budget is before you start shopping for scrubs. There are many places to find both affordable and expensive scrubs, so it’s up to you which ones you choose based on your needs.
Ensure that you know how to buy the best scrubs online in the budget you have decided!
3. Know Your Size
Before going to the store, you must first know your size. Most scrubs sizes are a standard medium. You can measure for a perfect fit by first laying the cloth flat on the floor and then measuring it from shoulder to cuff, then from waist to cuff. If you require more help, consult with a friend or family member who is experienced with these measurements.
4. Know The Different Types of Scrubs Available
There are many different types of scrubs available for medical professionals. These scrubs vary in color, design, fabric, and purpose. Some medical professionals choose to wear one type of scrub while others may choose more than one type depending on what is required by their hospital or workplace. The type that a medical professional wears will depend on the needs that they have as well as what is required by their employer.
Nursing scrubs are the most common type of scrubs that are available in the market. Although they are mostly used by nurses, doctors also use them while they are on rounds. These scrubs have pockets on both sides of the pants for easy access to medical supplies and equipment. They usually have an elastic band around the waist for a more comfortable fit. These scrubs usually come in solid colors which makes it easier to identify their wearer’s profession.
Surgical scrub suits are made from special fabrics that are more durable than regular fabrics, making them more resistant to bacterial growth and contamination. The fabric is usually made up of cotton or synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon because these materials can withstand repeated washing without losing their shape or color.
Surgical scrubs are typically made from a higher-quality fabric and have more pockets to hold equipment. These scrub sets can be purchased from specialty scrub stores or online retailers.
So for all those people wondering if buying scrubs online is fine or how to buy scrubs online, here’s where you can find one suited to your needs.
5. The Fitting Should Be Good
The first step to buying medical scrubs is to know your measurements and what size is right for you. You can find the sizing chart on the label of the scrub top or pants. It will tell you what size fits your measurements best.
For example, if you’re a size small but the small in this scrub top is too tight, you’ll need to go up a size and get a medium instead. As long as it’s within one inch of your exact measurement, it’s okay!
Don’t buy scrubs that are too big for you either-they’ll just hang out and look sloppy on your body. The most important thing about sizing is that the sleeves should end where they hit at the thumb knuckle and that there should be no gap when you pull them up high enough. Medical scrubs represent you so ensure you wear the ones that are the right fit!
6. Opt for Something More Stylish
You may not think of scrubs as a fashion statement, but there are many different styles for doctors to choose from. Some even have their name on the front of the shirt. They also come in different colors and patterns so you can mix and match them with different shoe types, socks, or scrub pants.
When you’re looking for new scrubs, it’s important to know what type of material would work best for your job. If your work is very active, you will want something more breathable than if you’re just dealing with paperwork on a desk all day.
Now you finally know what needs to be kept in mind before buying Medical Scrub. Keep reading to find out how to take care of these Medical Scrubs!
7. How to Take Care of my Medical Scrubs to Avoid Shrinking?
Do scrubs shrink? Is a question you will find yourself asking especially if you are just entering the medical field and buying your first set of scrubs. Just remember, some do and some don’t but here are a few measures you can take to avoid your scrubs shrinking.
1. Don’t over-dry your clothes:
It’s important to take care of your clothes and not just throw them in the washer and dryer every day. This will decrease the lifespan of your clothing, and it will cause it to shrink faster.
2. Hang wet clothes out to dry:
If you want to save money on electricity, this is a good way to go about it. The sun also helps with shrinking because UV rays break down the fibers in the fabric. So if you’re worried about shrinking, then hang your wet clothes outside for a little bit before putting them in the dryer or washing machine.
3. Avoid drying your scrubs on high heat:
When we put our clothes in the dryer or washing machine, and after taking them out, avoid putting them directly under the sun or areas that get direct sunlight. This ultimately results in the quality of your Medical scrubs getting ruined, which you don’t want!
So for all those people who were really confused and wondering How to Buy Scrubs? Or How to Scrubs online? You now know what to do! Just simply get the scrubs that suit your budget, and are the right fit. It’s important to choose a trusted website to ensure you get the best material!