Acrylic nails are the most recent addition to take the nail salons world by storm. At some point or the other we have all found ourselves be fascinated by them, and the glamour and beauty they represent in our eyes irrespective of the length of the nail we choose to have.
Despite their undeniable impact on the fashion industry, they can prove to be quite a hassle to remove, especially at home. But don’t worry we’ve got you covered. How? You need to keep reading to find out!
There are multiple ways to remove acrylic nails at home with hot water and a few other ingredients such as acetone, oil, and dish soap can also be added to make the removal easier.
Method 1 – Using Hot Water To Remove Acrylic Nails
One of the safest ways to remove acrylic nails at home is to use only hot water as there are fewer concerns about the skin or nails being damaged in the process.
Here’s what you’ll have to do to remove your acrylic nails with the help of hot water:
- First of all, trim the acrylic nails without trimming your natural nails so that they can come off easily
- Then fill a bowl with hot water, but not hot enough to burn your fingers!
- Further proceed to place your fingers in the bowl and soak your nails in the hot water for around 15-30 minutes. The swelling of the nail indicates that the water is doing its work and the acrylic nail is coming off so no need to panic!
- Lastly, when you feel the glue has dissolved and your fingers have been soaking in the water for a long time, try to pry off the acrylic nail from the natural one with the help of a pointed or sharp object.
To reduce any damage to the skin or the original nails, dry your fingers and moisturize your hands and nails for the best results!
Method 2 – Using Hot Water and Acetone To Remove Acrylic Nails
Some people may have reservations about using acetone for removing their acrylic nails because it can cause skin irritation and damage. But don’t worry, we have just the trick to solve your problem!
Steps to follow:
- Firstly in a way similar to the previous method, trim the acrylic nails without trimming your original nails. In addition, pry your cuticles a little with the help of a sharp object or a stick.
- Then proceed to fill a large bowl with hot water along with a smaller or medium-sized bowl with acetone. After filling the bowls, place the bowl filled with acetone in the bigger bowl so that the acetone can warm up.
- Remember to cover the skin around your cuticles generously with petroleum jelly to protect your skin from its natural reaction to the chemical.
- Keep your fingers soaked in the acetone and hot water for around 30 minutes to successfully be able to remove your acrylic nails.
- Ultimately with the help of tweezers try to remove the nails once they are soft. In case there is resistance and they do not come off easily, soak your fingers for some more time until they can be easily removed.
Method 3 – Using Dish soap and Vegetable Oil To Remove Acrylic Nails
Another successful method to remove acrylic nails is quite similar to the first procedure. Acrylic nails can also be removed at home successfully with not only hot water but also add ingredients such as dish soap and vegetable oil.
- Initially fill a bowl with hot water. Then add a generous amount of liquid dish soap and a limited amount of vegetable oil.
- After mixing the ingredients, proceed to soak your hand in the bowl for 5 to 20 minutes based on how long it takes for the glue to dissolve and the nail to soften.
- Finally, with the help of a stick or sharp object pry off the acrylic nail from the original one.
Important Reminders for Removing Acrylic Nails
Some important things to keep in mind while removing the acrylic nails are:
- Do not forcefully tug at the acrylic nail as it can harm your original nail. Wait for the glue to dissolve and the nail to soften
- Do not rush the procedure, you have to be patient.
- Give your nails a break before taking another trip to the nail salon.
- Moisturize your nails and the skin around them. If you frequently experiment with different manicures and acrylic nails because these processes can deprive your nail of its natural oils.
Why is Hot Water the Best Way to Remove Acrylic Nails?
To avoid permanent damage to the skin or nails you should choose an ingredient that is natural and is less likely to be harmful or damaging. It may not be the fastest and efficient method to remove your nails but it is affordable and an easily accessible way to solve your problem as water is easily attainable.
It may take longer but it is the safest and sustainable way to remove your nails at home without causing long-term harmful effects to your skin or nails.
To sum it up, the irresistible urge to get acrylic nails may at times raise questions regarding the skin and nail damage as well the time and money required to get them and remove them. But by opting to use quick and easy methods such as hot water the damage to the skin and nails can be reduced and not only that but also that it is a cost-effective method that requires less effort and hassle.
You don’t need to go to the nail salon to remove your acrylic nails when the answer to your question is right in front of you!