Roadmap To become Pediatric Urologist In Pakistan [Detailed Guide]
Do you want to become a pediatric urologist in Pakistan? Are you searching for a reputable career after your FSc? Well, let’s talk about becoming a pediatric urologist in Pakistan.
Well, a respiratory therapist is a unique and not commonly known field, hence we have gathered all the necessary information about the roadmap to becoming a pediatric urologist in Pakistan.
This article answers all your queries regarding;
- What Is pediatric urology?
- Who is a pediatric urologist?
- Who Can Become a Pediatric Urologist In Pakistan?
- How Much Does Becoming A Pediatric Urologist Cost?
- What Kind of Jobs Are Offered To A Pediatric Urologist?
- Is The Education Of Pediatric Urologists Difficult?
- Which Cities Provide the Opportunity to Do A Pediatric Urology Course?
- What Is The Job Market For A Pediatric Urologist?
|Level applicable to apply||Undergraduate|
|Duration of course||4 Years|
|Course Fee||50,000 to 100,000|
|Average Initial Salary||157,000 to 440,000|
|Minimum Qualification Required||10+2 (12 years of education)|
|Minimum Aggregate Score Required||50% and Above|
|Selection Process||Merit or Entrance Based|
|Employment Areas of Respiratory||Govt/Pvt Hospitals, Clinics, NGOs, Therapists, etc.|
What Is Pediatric Urology?
Pediatric urology is a branch of medicine that deals with disorders within children’s genitourinary system. These issues can involve disorders relating to urination or reproductive organs and testes.
What Is A Pediatric Urologist?
A pediatric urologist is responsible for diagnosing, treating, and managing children’s urinary and genital problems. They deal with illness or disease relating to the genitals or urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, bladder). A pediatric urologist specializes in treating problems that can develop in an infant’s, child’s, or adolescent’s urinary system.
How To Become A Pediatric Urologist: A Guide
The process can be a little tiring, but once you get through it, all the efforts will be worth it. Keep reading to know all about the roadmap to becoming a pediatric urologist in Pakistan.
Degree Completion In Urology
In order to become a pediatric urologist, the first step is degree completion. But what matters here is what university you opt for for your bachelor’s in urology. Let’s have a look at the top universities offering Bachelors in urology in Pakistan.
|1. Shifa Tameer-e-millat University||Islamabad||AD||14000||20-11-2020||3 Years|
|2. Shifa Tameer-e-millat University||Islamabad||B.Sc||188000||20-11-2020||4 Years|
Let’s have a look at Shifa Tameer-e-millat University and what it has to offer!
Shifa Tameer-e-millat University
The BS-MT Urology course offered at Shifa Tameer-e-millat consists of 4 years, 8 semesters.
We will walk you through each semester and course.
How To Apply
In order to apply at Shifa Tameer-e-millet university, head up to https://stmu.edu.pk/ admission portal and provide the necessary information to register yourself. Then choose your required field and proceed further. Once done, fill in your academic requirements along with scanned documents and entry test results.
Admissions are given on either a merit basis or entry test scores.
Eligibility Criteria For Pediatric Urology
If you pass FSc pre-medical with 50% marks, you are eligible for BS-MT Pediatric Urology. A-Levels certification with biology, chemistry, and physics/mathematics. Applying candidates must be under the age of 24 years.
Pediatric Urology Admission Requirement
The 4-year science course, Pediatric Urology admission would either be led based on merit or on the scores acquired in an aptitude test. The candidates will have to fulfill all the asked requirements depending on the admission policy of the school they have applied to.
A few of these colleges might take an admission test based on the merit of the applying candidate i.e. marks scored in their class 12 board exam scores in subjects like Chemistry, Biology, and Physics/mathematics
Otherwise, the universities may conduct an aptitude examination for certain courses. The candidates will be marked and judged on the entrance examination
Pediatric Urology Course Fee
The course fee varies from university to university. On average, universities’ yearly course expenses for Pediatric Urology are between 150,000 to 200,000. Moreover, the Pediatric Urology expense will also depend upon whether the university runs under government administration or private organization.
Things To Know Before Joining Pediatric Urology Program
Set Of Skills You Need For Pediatric Urology
A person applying for Pediatric Urology must possess the following qualities:
- Detail-oriented because kids are sensitive and one wrong prescription can cause a lot of harm.
- Patience because kids can take a little time to adapt and adjust to the hospital environment and hence the treatment procedure can be a little lengthy.
- Interpersonal skills because working with children can be a little difficult. To understand them and gain their trust.
- Problem-solving skills to tackle the illness carefully and sensibly
- Compassion to provide emotional support and be sympathetic to a patient’s needs.
Duties Of A Pediatric Urologist
- Monitor patient’s progress.
- Meeting and looking at children with genital and urinary problems.
- Treat patients by utilizing a different set of techniques.
- Perform symptomatic tests.
- Diagnose and treat urinary and bladder problems
- Make an x-ray of the urinary tract
Scope Of Pediatric Urology
After doing BS-MT Pediatric Urology, you can work as:
- A researcher.
- Work in the federal government and public health departments
- As a professor.
- Work in a daycare center with children.
- Work in public and private hospitals.
- Work in nursing homes
- Work in maternity homes.
Pediatric Urologist Salary In Pakistan
As a pediatric urologist, you can earn an average of 291,000 Pakistani Rupees per month. According to experience, a pediatric urologist can earn as low as 157,000 Pakistani Rupees to as high as 440,000 Pakistani Rupees. These salary packages include other benefits such as housing, transport, and health.
Pediatric Urologist Job Opportunities And Job Market
The employment of pediatricians is projected to grow 15% from 2019 to 2029.
Here’s how you can search for job for pediatric urology online:
Step # 1: Search for “Urology Job”
Step # 2: Click on Tools, then click on Any time
Step # 3: Click on the time period you want to search for a job for.
Pediatric Urological Workload
According to a statistic, pediatric urological workload from 1998-2013 is