Everybody has heard the word coconut oil that has many magical effects and is used in various things. First, know about what coconut oil is. Coconut oil is edible oil. This is extracted from the meat of mature coconuts.
Average coconut oil does not spoil when stored at 24 degrees even for six months because of high saturated fat content. Coconut oil is used for various purposes and gives good results.
As per the title in this many of the people’s queries will be answered like how to wash coconut oil without shampoo, or how to wash it naturally and easily.
Scroll down to see remedies and tips to wash hair out of coconut oil without shampoo naturally.
How to remove coconut oil from hair?
Coconut oil is a beneficial oil for health as well as beauty. It is commonly used for nourishment, skin repairing, and treating many other issues. It is a natural and organic remedy.
For years coconut oil has been used and trusted for multiple purposes. Coconut oil other than skin and eating purposes is vastly used for hair conditioning, repairing, other problems of scalp and hair.
Coconut oil has high saturated fat so it takes a little long while to wash out from the hair. But as far as saturated fats are concerned, they are helpful in repairing dull, damaged, and knotted hair. But because of the sticky nature, people avoid using it on hair or face.
On the other hand, it gives shocking and 100% results while enhancing beauty as well as health.
Scrolling down will help you in knowing tips for washing out coconut oil easily and without shampoo. Because sometimes shampoo also doesn’t work in removing coconut oil from hair and buildup on the scalp.
10 Methods to Remove Coconut Oil from Hairs
All these methods for washing out coconut oil are tried and trusted. They have no side effects only if a person doesn’t have any allergy to any ingredient. So people who are avoiding coconut oil go use them, get benefits and remove it easily.
1. Whisked Egg Mask
The egg is well known for its benefits and is used for various reasons. Just like this it is seen and tried that whisked egg is beneficial for removing coconut oil. Not just removing coconut oil but also cleaning up the buildup on the scalp.
As we all know eggs are rich in high protein and vitamins like A, D, and E, which are beneficial for hair and make them smooth, nourishing, voluminous, and shiny.
How to do it?
- Take an egg or two
- Crack it
- Mix it
- Whisk well and apply the mixture
- Apply this mixture equally to your hair
- Massage your hair strands well for 3 to 5 minutes
- Leave the hair covered up for some minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water
The egg is an astringent and cuts the thick coconut oil. If anyone is concerned with the smell of egg, then wash your hair with mild shampoo a day after this remedy for removing the smell. After drying the hair, it will not only be shiny but also thick and without oil or greasy state.
Tip: you can also add water in the egg mixture to make an egg wash and then apply and massage your hair and rinse with normal or lukewarm water.
2. Lemon Water Solution
Citric acid is known as one of the best things for cutting any oil. The same applies here. The citric acid in lemon is used for removing coconut oil greasiness. Many people use this method if any of the coconut oil is present in hair after shampoo. This remedy works well for scalp buildup and dandruff as well.
How to apply?
For making lemon water solution all you need is 2 lemons and 8 ounces of water only.
- Take a bowl and squeeze 2 fresh lemons in it. Take out all the juice
- Mix water until it makes a solution. (Tip: you can also take lukewarm water for effective results)
- Apply this mixture over the scalp and hair
- Massage the hair so the excess coconut oil washes out
- After this, rinse your hair with lukewarm water
Tip: For softening and shiny hair, you can also add honey to this mixture.
3. Using Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera is a well-known plant for its magical results in everything. Whether it is external health or internal health or beauty. This evergreen magical plant does wonders on our hair and also helps in making them clean, healthy, and beautiful.
In this method, all you have to do is when you are shampooing your hair, add at least 5 ml of fresh aloe vera gel to your shampoo. Then apply it to the roots, scalp, and also hair strands. Aloe vera in this mixture will remove all the excess oil from hair and make them healthy.
Tip: You can also use aloe vera with lemon juice on the scalp and hair to expel excess oil. Make a paste, apply on hair, and leave for 15 minutes and wash hair with lukewarm water.
4. Baking soda paste
Baking soda is known for its cutting properties while mixing with fluids like vinegar or water. It is also used for cleaning greasy surfaces. It is also used for the same purpose for cleaning the scalp or buildup of coconut oil.
How to apply?
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda and add enough water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on dry hair only. If you use this on wet oily hair then baking soda will stick to the water.
- Apply the paste on your roots, scalp, or only in the area where there is oil.
- When the oily areas are covered with the paste rinse it with warm water.
- All the left coconut oil will wash out easily and the paste will take all the oiliness with the wash.
5. Use powder or dry shampoo
Powders (excluding talc) are also used for removing extra greasy oil from hair. Dry shampoo powder is used to soak all the oil and make hair oil-free and make it refreshing. This is available in powder form as well as aerosol and can be used in both forms.
How to use it?
For this purpose, many powders can be used like baby powder, cornstarch, baking soda, arrowroot powder, or dry shampoo.
- When hairs are dry, apply any powder to the roots.
- Start with sprinkling on the roots, scalp, where you feel oil.
- Do not take too much powder at once. Start with 1 teaspoon of powder sprinkling on the crown of the head.
- The excess powder will be applied, it will dry out the scalp.
- Comb the hair until the powder blends and soaks up the oil.
- When the powder spreads and dries up the oil, the hair will get a shiny refreshing appearance.
- For the people, with darker hair. This powder may leave a white residue so after fully dried hair you can rinse hair with water and get rid of it.
Vinegar is an aggressive liquid known for its cutting properties. It is also a natural astringent used for removing greasy or oily things. If you are using it on your hair or scalp never use it directly. First, dilute then use it.
How to apply?
- Mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of vinegar with a cup of water.
- Apply this on the hair and scalp and leave for some time.
- After some time, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil will rinse out with the water.
7. Black tea
Black tea also contains astringent properties to cut oil or greasy. It prevents the buildup on the scalp and makes it clean and refreshing. Not only the scalp but also the hair. Drinking black tea 2 to 3 times a day prevents excess oil from building up on the hair.
8. Rosemary And Mint
Rosemary and mint are known for their rinsing agent properties. They are famous for their essential oils and organic compounds that not only clean the hair, scalp, or hair follicles but also improve hair growth.
How to use it?
- Boil some water.
- Take 1 or 2 tablespoons of rosemary and mint and mix in boiled water.
- Add a few drops of lemon to it.
- Apply on hairs and leave for 10 minutes.
- Wash your hair and all oil will wash out leaving shine and beauty in the hair.
9. Tomato and fuller’s earth
Tomatoes are known for their acidic properties and are beneficial for hair cleaning and removing excess dirt and bad odor. Fuller’s earth is a clay-type material that has oil-absorbing properties and also improves blood circulation.
It can be used separately with water only or with tomatoes for better results.
How to apply?
- Take 1 tomato and grind it to make a puree.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of Fuller’s earth in the puree and make a paste.
- Apply this mixture to your hair.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
10. Witch hazel oil
Witch hazel oil is also an effective remedy to wash out coconut oil from hair. It is a known oil for improving the growth and health of hair.
Few tips when using coconut oil
- Do not use the whole hand while applying coconut oil. Only use the fingertips so no excess can be left and it washes out easily.
- Virgin coconut oil should be preferred.
- Use any essential oil with coconut oil for a good smell.
- Apply oil to the hair only if you are leaving for overnight. Because all over the night the oil will reach the scalp, so no excess will be gathered.
- Apply on the ends or hair strands because it will dry and washout easily.
- Use hot water than cold water when rinsing off coconut oil. It will rinse out more fluently with hot water.
- Excess coconut oil can clog up the follicles so it is useful to apply oil an inch away from the scalp.
Before you leave!
Coconut oil is best for damaged knotted hair. It nourishes cleanses and promotes hair health and growth.
There are no adverse effects of using coconut oil. But keeping it for a long time can make your hair look greasy and smell unpleasant.
Excess buildup of coconut oil can clog follicles and growth. But using the above remedies will definitely help you in solving all of your issues. If there is any query, catch up in the comment section.