Attaining a High School Diploma is an essential step towards persuasion of higher studies and a career. If you have a High School Diploma, only on that basis can you apply for colleges\ universities?
You can obtain a High School Diploma either by joining an accredited high school and physically attending classes or you could also attain a free accredited high school diploma online.
When I was around the same age as you probably are now, I was compelled to drop out of my high school right before the payment of my 12th exams as my family was hit by an unanticipated financial crisis.
Believe me, I was furious as well as tense for myself and my future. That’s when I started surfing the internet for some authentic free accredited high school diplomas online and surprisingly, I unveiled many options to explore.
I am not going to lie, it was quite a task to determine which institutions are really accredited and provide quality education simultaneously.
After a lot of tantrums and doubts, I finally chose one established in my region and without any extra hassle, I graduated with my High School Diploma all acquired online and free.
Why is High School Accreditation Important?
First of all, let’s get a stronghold on what educational accreditation is and why accreditation is important for a high school diploma.
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is an intermediary party that evaluates educational institutions to review whether they meet required standards and quality of education. It also helps institutions to improvise their quality of education when needed.
If the center of learning fulfills all requirements, they are granted accreditation by accrediting bodies.
Why is Accreditation Important for a High School Diploma?
Accreditation works as security which confirms that a high school is providing education to its students up to a standard. This consequently assists when applying for colleges or universities. The institutions are recognized by the electing bodies of universities and so, they prefer and judge students on the basis of their accredited high school diplomas.
Do Colleges Differentiate Between Online High School Diploma and Traditional High School Diploma?
This question might be concerning you and honestly, I had the same query in my mind but the answer is what you’d be expecting to hear. Most colleges normally don’t differentiate between Online High School Diploma and Traditional High School Diploma.
However, the educational institutions should be accredited by an authentic party and then only, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. This is the reason why I’ve compiled the best and most authentic free accredited high school diploma online institutions so that you can easily enroll yourself in either one of them.
Before we get into the free high school diploma online institutes, let’s clear the confusion between a high school diploma and a high school certificate.
If you still have any more concerns, proceed down and read the FAQs answered by us!
Difference between High School Diploma & High School Certificate
As much as they sound really familiar and similar, they are actually distinct.
High School Diploma is granted when a student meets all the requirements needed to graduate from high school and is easily accepted by colleges. However, a High School Certificate is given to a student who graduates high school but doesn’t fulfill all the necessary requirements and it’s not definite if colleges would accept it, it varies from college to college.
18 Free Accredited High School Diploma Online at Affordable Fees
Here’s the list of institutions offering free accredited high school diplomas online at Affordable Fees;
- Indiana University High School:
IU High School provides students with free accredited high school diplomas online and the institute applies innovative methods in its online learning journey. It has a whole catalog of around 80 courses from which students can choose to study. They follow 4 guiding principles that you can view here.
The tuition fee is $ 291 per elected course. You can apply for Financial Aid Benefits.
4 Reasons to Choose Indiana University for High School Diploma Online:
- Is on Number 1 for 30 Best Online High Schools in the United States.
- Among Top 4 Online Schools renowned nationally.
- On Number 14 for Best High School Diploma Programs on the basis of Affordability, Accreditation and Success of Students.
- They easily adapt to the frequently evolving learning landscape in their education.
2. The Keystone Academy:
Accredited by: Cognia and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Keystone Academy grants a free accredited high school diploma online. The High School Program at Keystone Academy has around 8 subjects with 2-course levels; Standard and Advanced.
The tuition fee generally ranges around $1800-$2800 for a whole year full-time but it mostly depends on the courses you choose. Click here to check their Per Course Pricing.
3 Reasons To Choose The Keystone Academy for High School Diploma Online:
- Provides Flexible education programs
- Offers option to either study full time or choose individual classes
- Provides Sibling and Military discounts in tuition.
3. Smart Horizons Career Online Education:
Smart Horizons Career Online Education is the first accredited online high school in the US offering free high school diplomas and provides its students with courses that would assist them in their desired career area.
The tuition fee for a full payment plan for the whole year includes $1295 and the Automatic Payment Plan includes $1386; $77 has to be paid every month for 17 months.
5 Reasons to Choose Smart Horizons for High School Diploma Online:
- Provides High School Diploma in addition to Career Certification and Training.
- Skills based and Career Focused Curriculum
- Flexibility in studying; anytime, anywhere.
- 70% Retention Rate of Proven Record of Success.
- Comprehensive courses; more than 70 academic and career based courses.
4. Penn Foster:
Penn Foster warmly welcomes high school-aged students as well as adults who wish to attain an accredited high school diploma.
They have a very affordable tuition fee in addition to their flexible payment methods, all that you can view here. They even offer financial assistance.
4 Reasons to Choose Penn Foster for High School Diploma Online:
- They generously offer to create a tuition plan for your assistance that works around your budget and lifestyle.
- Custom made digital learning environment tailored according to your needs.
- Flexible learning, career focused coursework.
- Academic Guide and Supportive Coaching available for you at all times.
5. James Madison High School:
Cognia and DEAC
Earning an accredited high school diploma online at James Madison High School is academically challenging. It adheres to common subjects like Maths and English standards and has around 23 other courses to study.
You can pay the full tuition amount that is; $1069 or pay on a Monthly Basis as low as $50.
5 Reasons to Choose James Madison for High School Diploma Online:
- Affordable and flexible fee structure.
- You can join the High School at any time of a year.
- Interactive online lessons with certified teachers
- Academic advisors to help you out when needed.
- You can complete your courses at your own pace.
6. The University of Mississippi High School:
Cognia, SACS CASI
The University of Mississippi provides accredited high school education with a flexible environment. They have around 9 courses and are graded on a numerical basis.
The tuition fee for a unit course is $375. They also provide multiple discounts.
3 Reasons to Choose The University of Mississippi for High School Diploma Online:
- Has been included in the list among the 50 Best Online High School Diplomas.
- Offers diploma at an affordable fee
- Besides academic courses, they have many extracurricular activities that students can take part in.
7. Excel High School:
Excel High School is all about maintaining its high quality of education and service and is an award-winning accredited high school. They offer Standard, Adult, and Honors High School Diploma. Their courses are full-time, part-time, accelerated or you can even join Summer School.
A tuition fee of $99\ $149 can be paid on a monthly basis.
4 Reasons to Choose Excel High School for High School Diploma Online:
- Students are guided by professional and qualified teachers.
- You can study at your convenience, either on a slow pace or fast.
- It even offers SAT prep and you can earn college credits while attending their accredited high school online.
- Welcomes students of all ages to earn their high school diploma at a reasonable, affordable tuition fee.
8. Park City Independent High School:
Cognia; AdvancED and NWAC.
Park City Independent High School is widely recognized for achieving and promoting a balanced education program with high standards. They have around 8 basic courses which are in numerous parts to cover up through the high school.
Their Tuition Fee isn’t mentioned, you can inquire about it here.
4 Reasons to Choose Park City Independent for High School Diploma Online:
- Students can enroll at anytime of the year.
- It is Nationally Accredited and Recognised.
- Students can complete the High School Diploma Online at their own pace.
- They provide payment plans according to your budget.
9. Mizzou Academy:
Cognia and NCAA.
Mizzou Academy has a touch of traditional high school but is more of an innovative high school that is nationally ranked and provides a flexible educational system. You can either enroll in their part-time program or full time.
The tuition fee at Mizzou Academy is a little higher than other listed high schools online. Around $500 per course\ per semester.
4 Reasons to Choose Mizzou Academy for High School Diploma Online:
- Their credits can be transferred and are accepted by many colleges across the globe.
- Flexibility; you can study at your own pace.
- The courses are exceptional and of high quality
- Their instructional team and support staff is dedicated and promptly gets back to you with solutions.
10. Whitmore School:
Whitmore School has been recognized as the top 10 Educational Websites in 2017. Its online courses are tailored to the student’s strengths and accomplishments and enable the students to have a personal graduation program.
The tuition fee is $1487 if paid fully. You can also get a Sibling, Military, or First Responder Discount.
4 Reasons to Choose Whitmore School for High School Diploma Online:
- Students can study at their own pace with their individual paced mastery learning.
- Alumnis of Whitmore School get accepted in reputable colleges such as Boston University, John Hpokins University or Stanford University and so on.
- Teachers are high qualified, very cooperative and encourage the students.
- Help with your SAT prep.
11. Texas Success Academy:
Cognia and ACTS
Texas Success Academy offers accredited high school diplomas online that follow Christian beliefs and values. They have numerous programs which help students to become actors, athletes, dancers, musicians.
The tuition fee for a full-year monthly plan is $450. They also have other payment plans that you can view here.
3 Reasons to Choose Texas Success Academy for High School Diploma Online:
- Enables a Flexible Study Schedule.
- Parents’ involvement is encouraged. They receive a report card on a monthly basis.
- They have over 60 AG Courses that are approved by University of California.
12. Acellus Academy:
Acellus Academy grants an accredited free high school diploma online to its students upon graduation from their high school program. Their graduates are easily accepted into Top Universities around the globe.
The Tuition Fee is affordable; $249 per month.
4 Reasons to Choose Acellus Academy for High School Diploma Online:
- Their education is diverse due to integrating Prism Diagnostics.
- Their lessons are engaging.
- The teachers at Acellus Academy are taught by some of America’s best teachers.
- They warmly welcome adults who are looking to graduate high school.
13. Connections Academy:
Connections Academy has earned the Tech & Learning Award of Excellence two times in 2021. The Bessie Awards also recognized it for its innovative and high-quality programs.
They offer a Tuition-Free Accredited High School Diploma Online.
5 Reasons to Choose Connections Academy for High School Diploma Online:
- At Connections Academy, apart from studies, they take you on field trips. However, the costs have to be covered by parents.
- Offer a very flexible study plan and support
- Their courses are NCAA Approved.
- One on One attention and focus is provided to all students for them to nurture.
- 96% of parents agree about quality education, future success of their child and technology used is improvising the way of learning.
14. Orion High School:
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools and SAAC.
Orion High School strives to improve its education standards. It has over 200 courses, from independent study to dual credit options.
The tuition fee is $1750 a year.
3 Reasons to Choose Orion High School for High School Diploma Online:
- Flexible study plan.
- Provides a supportive learning environment.
- You can even finish your high school at an accelerated rate.
15. Ashworth College:
DEAC and Council for Higher Education
Ashworth College grants Free Accredited High School Diploma Online which is accessible to all. Their programs are affordable which are designed to the needs of students.
Their tuition fee is calculated according to your course of study. Check it out here.
4 Reasons to Choose Ashworth College for High School Diploma Online:
- You can customise your study plan with your flexibility.
- Exams are taken online.
- You can enroll at anytime of the year
- Alumnis are accepted in Top Universities across the globe.
16. Franklin Virtual Schools:
Franklin is a fully accredited high school online offering diplomas to graduating students. They provide quality education and cost-effective programs so that students can easily achieve their goals. They have interactive assignments, videos, tasks that enable students to engage with the teachers.
The tuition Fee varies based on the selection of courses.
3 Reasons to Choose Franklin Virtual Schools for High School Diploma Online:
- It offers programs that are comprehensive
- Foreign languages are also taught at Franklin Virtual Schools.
- Flexibility; students can study at their own pace.
17. Liberty High School:
Better Business Bureau
At Liberty High School, you can conveniently earn a free accredited high school diploma online at home without going through the hassle of traditional high schools. They are recognized internationally and nationally.
They charge $300 on a monthly basis.
3 Reasons to Choose Liberty High School for High School Diploma Online:
- You can study one course at a time
- A teacher can closely guide and support you; one on one interaction.
- You can study at your own pace anywhere.
18. University of Nebraska High School:
University of Nebraska High School is a completely virtual-based online institution that offers accredited high school diplomas online for free.
You can check their tuition fee plan here.
4 Reasons to Choose UNHS for High School Diploma Online:
- Regional and state accreditation.
- Flexibility; enroll in the university anytime and study at your pace.
- Engaging activities and teacher connect activities are also conducted.
- The staff is very accommodating and responsive.
4 FAQs Regarding High School Diploma Online:
- Can High School Diploma Online for adults be attained?
Answer– Totally! Many universities as I’ve mentioned above in the Free Accredited High School Diploma Online list warmly welcome students of all ages to complete their studies.
- Will my Online High School Diploma be Accepted by Colleges\Universities?
Answer– Yes. Many online institutions have claimed that their graduated students have been accepted in renowned colleges such as Boston University or John Hpokins University etc.
- Do Online High Schools Really Provide Quality Education?
Answer– Absolutely. Many quality online high schools have professional, trained, and qualified teachers. Their coursework is also accepted by NCAA which guarantees quality standard education.
- Is Online High School better than Traditional High School?
Answer– In my opinion, you can’t really compare both of them. Traditional Schooling means physical attention given to students and their queries being solved there and then. The whole environment is created and students tend to study better this way. However, if you’re someone who has other responsibilities or can manage alone, online High School means you can study at any time, anywhere, at your own pace, with your self-made studying schedule.
6 Reasons Why Students Choose Online High School:
- Inadequate Finances:
Families face any kind of financial struggles which leads to students dropping out of school.
- Acceptance of Adults:
Traditional High Schools do not accept adult students to complete or avail of high school diplomas so they resort to online high school options.
Some students just need more time to study at their own pace which can not be acquired in the traditional high school system. So, these students choose High School Online.
- Bullying and Competitiveness:
Online High School means students can get away from active bullying or a competitive high school environment and focus on their mental growth and well-being.
- Distinct Courses:
Many students have expertise or interest in some courses which you won’t usually find at traditional high schools but online high schools hence they choose to study in Online High School.
- Special needs children:
Children with special needs desire to study as well. Many institutions have been established for catering to such students but online high schools can help these champs to study with their flexibility.
If your parents cannot afford you to study at a good high school, you can always resort to online high schools as they are generally cheaper and have a standard quality of education. You need not worry, go through all the above 18 Free Accredited High School Diploma Online Institutions and opt for one without second thoughts!
Daily Medicos is a content hub that provides articles on Health & Wellness, prevention from diseases, Guidance for medical conditions, Healthy Nutritional tips, inspiration on mental health problems, and a Healthy living lifestyle!