Did you see your face in the mirror and notice the double chin that you’ve suddenly seemed to develop? A double chin can make women and men look puffy and older as the skin on and around the face loses its collagen; it starts to sag and loses its firmness. The muscles are situated on the skull bone, and the skin becomes lazy and slack.
A double chin is nothing more than a layer of fat and excess skin that accumulates under the chin.
Every person is born with some submental fat. Contrary to popular belief, obesity is not only the reason for the formation of a double chin. But having too much fat causes the appearance of a jawline. Before getting rid of double chin, let us find the causes responsible for this.
What Causes Double Chin Problem?
The double chin, also known as submental fat, occurs when an extra layer of fats forms under the chin. I don’t know why it is there and how to remove the double chin?
The double chin could be caused by hereditary factors, which is also a major reason for fat storage and water retention as well, and it can be treated with some exercise and a proper diet.
Another reason for double chin is aging, and skin becomes loose when you age, and it causes muscles of the chin to slacken; double chin erupts because of which people feel low in their confidence and find ways to get rid of the double chin so they can feel better about themselves.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
Double chin is often associated with weight gain but it may not be the only cause.
- Firstly, you accumulate double chin because of slower metabolism as you age.
- Skin loses elasticity as we age.
- Weakening of muscles at the neck and chin due to proper posture.
- Medical conditions thyroid problem, salivary gland inflammation.
- Fat deposition, muscles less, or loosing of the skin are all conditions caused by aging. If this is the reason, the simple exercise can solve the problem and tighten the neck and face area muscles.
3. Excess weight
- Fat accumulation can cause the skin to stretch, and the skin may lose its elasticity.
- People with recessive jawlines are more prone to develop a double chin.
4. Old age
- Skin laxity leads to a lack of firmness and causes sagging. So, besides the folds and crease on your face, you can also develop a second chin, even though you are normal weight.
- This kind of elongation gives you hooded eyes, sagging cheekbones, jowls, pouches, and dreaded wattle that can easily, by overtime, become a full double chin.
6 Exercises To Get Rid of Double Chin
By holding the unique facial exerciser is simple. With your mouth and rhythmically shaking its weighted ends up and down, you can exercise the muscles in your face to naturally enhance your facial muscle tone.
If you regularly and patiently do the facial exercise, you can expect your face to appear bright with no double chin problems. Earning fine lines and wrinkles. All you need approximately is 15 minutes daily to do all the facial exercises. The facial exercise will tighten your sagging skin. Give these six exercises a try to get your double chin to disappear:
1. Blowing air in the balloon
If you want to reduce extra fat from your chin and cheeks, blowing air in the balloon is the best exercise that works effectively on solving your chubby and double chin issues, which leaves it leaner.
- Sit on a chair with a straight neck and head tilted above towards the ceiling.
- Take a balloon and start blowing air.
- Until you feel stretched under your chin.
- Repeat it 4-5 times.
2. Side neck stretch
If you are obese, doing only double chin exercises won’t work; you need to lose fat by eating a balanced diet and exercising for at least 45 minutes a day. It would be best to do all these exercises slowly and stretch all the facial muscles perfectly to get better results.
- Stand up with your shoulders straight.
- Using one hand on the top and one underneath, manually stretches your head to one side, then the other repeats 10 times for each side.
3. Fish mouth
This is another simple exercise that will remove double chin and tone your facial muscles.
- Put one hand at the base of your throat, over the collarbone, and pull down slightly on the skin with a firm grip.
- Tilt your head backward.
- Distend your lip like a fish gulping water.
- Maintain the posture for 20 seconds.
- Repeat this cycle 10 times per session.
4. Jaw workout
Dangerous double chin through hyoid bone training:
You can perform this exercise to strengthen your neck muscles and help it lift the hyoid bone. Its tendency is that the tongue will easily accumulate bacteria and dirt.
- Keep your lips closed and move your inside like chewing.
- Take a deep breath, and as you humming breath out.
- From that pose till you heat back until a vertical line between your neck and your lower jaw and hold for 10 seconds.
5. Kissing the ceiling
Kissing the ceiling exercise works your jaw and neck. This exercise can be done standing or sitting.
- For this exercise, you will have to begin by looking up at the ceiling.
- Keep your lips closed and relaxed.
- Make your lips around.
- Count up to 20 and relax and bring your head back to the normal position.
6. Straight jaw jut
This exercise also works your neck and chin. Let’s look for the steps.
- Tilt your head a bit back and look forward straight towards the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds until you feel stretched under your chin.
- Return to your normal position and repeat it 5-10 times.
Decrease double chin through diet and exercises
Some chins would be obese; consequently, you should alter your diet plan to encounter this fat issue. The meal you think is healthy for you is nothing but harmful for your health. Foods that are rich in fat can be a cause of double chin.
Your double chin can be a primary consequence of these unhealthy weights, assault this problem, as well as your double chin, must normally melt off.
Remember to drink a lot of water every day to keep a healthy body and skin hydrated. Some healthy eating guidelines are:
- Eat low-fat dietary products.
- Practice portion control.
- Eat three servings of fruits daily.
- Avoid processed food daily.
- Avoid fried foods daily.
- Use egg whites and green tea.
- Replace refined grains with whole grains.
Treatments for double chin
No one likes double chin. It often makes you uncomfortable and less confident. However, besides burning the fat off your chin with exercises and taking a proper diet, you can reduce it by taking some treatments. These treatments are:
Lipolysis is also known as liposuction. It is the surgical removal of subcutaneous fat through aspiration. Liposuction is a commonly performed cosmetic procedure today.
Liposuction is a method of reducing the fat cell number and therapy, the resistant fat; liposuction removes the resistant fat by two mechanisms:
- Removal of fat cells during suction.
- Damaging of fat cells by the to-and-fro motion of the cannula. These remaining fat cells are damaged.
The use of various chemicals, pharmaceuticals, vitamins, and amino acids that are injected into multiple areas of your face to help melt fat and restore a smoother, younger-looking complexion.
For example, Hyaluronic corrosive, vitamins (A, B, C, E, K) minerals, coenzymes, and nucleic acids for the face enhance the skin’s presence, diminishing hanging re-establishes hydration. Side effects include:
Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable treatment that reduces the appearance of fat beneath the chin. It uses deoxycholic acid to break down and prevent fat from storing or accumulating.
You may need 2-5 kybella treatments depending on the amount of submental fullness you have. Kybella might develop these side effects:
- Minor swelling
Removing that disfiguring double chin isn’t very challenging. Ensure that you have a healthy diet before going to sleep, take care of your skin, and don’t forget about special exercises that can help slim down the chin area and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Make sure to work, exercise, maintain regular mealtime, have proper sleep, and avoid eating between midnight and 6 AM. Eat at the beginning and end of each shift and avoid eating heavy meals before sleep.