Roadmap To Become Dental Hygienist In Pakistan
Want to pursue your career as a Dental Hygienist? Well, here’s a complete guide, or let’s call it a roadmap to become a Dental Hygienist in Pakistan. Not a lot of people have certain and important know-how about this course, hence we have gathered all the possible information about how you can become a dental hygienist in Pakistan/
This guideline piece of writing talks about the following:
- What is Dental Hygiene?
- What does a Dental Hygienist do?
- Universities offering Dental Hygiene course
- Eligibility Criteria of Dental Hygiene course
- Dental Hygiene course admission requirements
- Dental Hygiene course fee
- Things To Know Before Choosing Dental Hygiene course
- Job Opportunities For Dental Hygiene course
What Is Dental Hygiene?
Dental hygiene is the practice of keeping our mouth, teeth, and gums clean and healthy to stay safe from any disease. This is an essential everyday practice that a lot of people disregard and take for granted. Good oral health really contributes to overall health. In case you skip a day or oral health, it can cause different mouth diseases that can cause severe pain and impede your ability to eat and speak.
What Does A Dental Hygienist Do?
A dental hygienist conduct initial patient screening, examine signs of oral diseases and advise patients about preventive care including oral hygiene. Moreover, they also help dentists in deciding treatment for mouth-related disease along with helping educate patients about their oral health.
Degree Completion In Dental Hygiene
In order to become a Dental Hygienist, the first step is degree completion. But what matters here is what university you opt for your bachelors. Let’s have a look at top universities offering Bachelors in Dental Hygiene.
06 Top Universities Offering Bachelors Dental Hygiene
Educational status varies from university to university. Choosing the best in town ensures the best place in the job market too! Have a look at top universities offering Dental Hygiene
|1. Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Pims
|B.Sc. , 2 Years
|2. Dow University Of Health Sciences
|BS , 4 Years
|3. Sohail University
|BS , 4 Years
|4. Zia-ud-din Medical University
|AD , 2 Years
|5. Islamic International Dental College/hospital
|AD , 2 Years
|6. The Aga Khan University Medical College
|AAS , 2 Years
Eligibility Requirements To Become A Dental Hygienist
You need to score a minimum of 60% marks in your FSC Pre-medical. In case you are doing A-Levels, you need to clear biology, chemistry, and physics with at least 50% marks.
Dental Hygiene Admission Requirement
The 2-year science course, Dental Hygiene admission would either be led based on merit or on the scores acquired in an aptitude test. The candidates will have to fulfill all the asked for requirements depending on the admission policy of the school you have applied to.
A few of these colleges might take an admission test based on the merit of the applying candidate i.e. marks scored in their class 12 board exam scores in subjects like Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
Otherwise, the universities may conduct an aptitude examination for certain courses. The candidates will be marked and judged on the entrance examination and the interview.
Dental Hygiene Course Fee
The course fee varies from university to university. On average, the university’s yearly course expense for Dental Hygiene is around Rs 90,000 to Rs 250,000. Moreover, the Dental Hygiene expense will also depend upon whether the university runs under government administration or a private organization.
Things To Know Before Joining Dental Hygiene Program
Set Of Skills You Need For Becoming A Denatl Hygienist
A person applying for a Dental Hygiene course must possess the following qualities:
- Oral communication: As a dental hygienist, you need to have great command over communication as you will be talking to patients directly and have to be confident.
- Problem Solving: Every patient that you will come across will be different. Hence, you have to cater to each one’s problem separately. Hence you should have command over problem solving.
- Detail Oriented: Since the nature of a dental hygienist work is sensitive, they have to pay attention to detail to make sure the procedure goes well.
- Compassion: A dental hygienist has to be compassionate to comfort people who are easily scared of dental procedures.
- Taking X-rays: You should know how to take X-rays as it will be an important part of your journey as a dental hygienist.
Duties Of A Dental Hygienist
As a dental hygienist, you will perform the following duties:
- Remove plague from patient’s teeth.
- Take X-rays
- Develop X-rays
- Remove tartar from patient’s teeth
- Examine patient’s oral health
- Prescribe and guide patient’s about their oral health
- Document patients about their treatments
Where Does A Dental Hygienist Work?
As a dental hygienist you can work in a :
- Clinical service center
- Private dental practice
- Community health center
- Public and private centers
- Nursing homes
- State and federal government centers
Scope Of Dental Hygiene
- Dental hygienist are in demand especially in the peridontics and pediatric industry.
- If you opt for dental hygiene you can work as a researcher in a administration office.
- Depending upon your level of education and experience as a dental hygienist, you can also become a professor and teach medical students in dental schools.
- As a dental hygienist you can provide your services in nursing homes and hospitals.
Salary Of Dental Hygiene
Dental Hygiene offers a lucrative pay. A Dental Hygienist earns around Rs 600,000 on average.
Dental Hygiene Job Opportunities And Job Market
Employment of Dental Hygiene is projected to grow 06% from 2019 to 2029.
Here’s how you can search for job for Dental Hygiene online:
Step # 1: Search for “Dental Hygienist Job In Pakistan”
Step # 2: Click on Tools, then click on Any time
Step # 3: Click on the time period you want to search for a job for.