Roadmap To Become Dermatologist In Pakistan-A Complete Guide
Do you want to become a Dermatologist in Pakistan? Are you searching for a reuputable career after your FSc or after your MBBS? Well, let’s talk about becoming a Dermatologist in Pakistan. But first, what is a Dermatologist and what education does it require? And most importantly, what is a Dermatologist salary and how to find Dermatologist jobs?
To become a Dermatologist, you need to either;
- Do a diploma or MD in dermatology if you are opting it after your MBBS or Bachelors degree. It is a two year degree program.
- Do BS in dermatology after your FSc. It is a four year degree program.
Well, a dermatology is a unique field, hence we have gathered all the necessary information about the roadmap to become a Dermatologist in Pakistan.
This article answers all your queries regarding;
- What Is a Dermatologist?
- Who Can Become Dermatologist In Pakistan?
- How Much Does Becoming A Dermatologist Cost?
- What Kind of Jobs Are Offered To A Dermatologist?
- Is The Education Of Dermatology Difficult?
- Which Cities Provide the Opportunity to Do A Dermatology Course both after FSc and after MBBS?
- Dermatologist Salary
- What Is The Job Market For A Dermatologist?
Let’s begin, keep reading!
Who Is A Dermatologist?
Dermatologists study dermatology. Dermatology is the branch of science that caters to skin related diseases. A dermatologist specializes in identifying and treating an average of 3000 conditions. These conditions include psoriasis, skin cancer, and eczema.
How To Become A Dermatologist: A Guide
Now that we know about what a dermatologist is, let’s talk about the procedure to become a dermatologist. The process can be a little tiring, but once you get through it, all the efforts will be worth it. Keep reading to know all about the roadmap to become a dermatologist in Pakistan along with a dermatologist job opportunities.
Degree Completion In Dermatologist
In order to become a dermatologist, the first step is degree completion. But what matters here is what university you opt for your bachelors. Let’s have a look at top universities offering Bachelors in dermatologist and MD in dermatologist in Pakistan.
08 Top Universities Offering Bachelor’s In Dermatology In Pakistan
Considered a growing medical field, dermatology is the medical services field that helps patients with skin issues. Dermatologists perform procedures on patients with skin problems. It is a four-year degree program.
|1. Khawaja Fareed University Of Engineering & Information Technology||Rahim Yar Khan||BS||80000||06-08-2020||4 year|
|The University Of Faisalabad||Faisalabad||BS||178000||22-01-2021||4 year|
|Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences||Jamshoro||BS||–||–||4 year|
|Dow University of Health Sciences||Karachi||BS||–||–||4 year|
|King Edward Medical University||Lahore||BS||–||–||4 year|
|Isra University||Hyderabad||BS||–||–||4 year|
|Postgraduate Medical Institute / General Hospital||Lahore||BS||–||–||4 year|
|Sheikh Zayed Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute||Lahore||BS||–||–||4 year|
Eligibility Requirements To Become A Dermatologist
If you pass FSc pre-medical with 50% marks, you are eligible for BS Dermatology.
BS Dermatology Admission Requirement
The 4-year science course, BS Dermatology admission would either be led based on merit or on the scores acquired in an aptitude test. The candidates will have to fulfill all the asked for requirements depending on the admission policy of the school you have applied to.
BS Dermatology Course Fee
The course fee varies from university to university. On average, the university’s yearly course expense for Dermatology is between 80,000 to 170,000 per semester. Moreover, the BS Dermatology expense will also depend upon whether the university runs under government administration or private organization.
Dermatology After Your MBBS Or Other Medical Degree
04 Top Universities Offering MD In Dermatology In Pakistan
Considered a growing medical field, dermatology is the medical services field that helps patients with skin issues. Dermatologists perform procedures on patients with skin problems. After completion of a certain medical degree, students look out for different specializations. Since there is a lot of demand for dermatologists, they consider MD in dermatology.
|Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Pims||Islamabad||MD||0||28-06-2019||2 Years|
|Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University||Larkana||MD||50000||20-11-2020||2 Years|
|Shaheed Muhtrama Benazir Bhutto Medical College, Lyari||Karachi||MD||0||21-01-2020||2 Years|
|Sheikh Zayed Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute / Hospital||Lahore||MD||0||22-01-2021||2 Years|
Eligibility Requirements For MD in Dermatology
You need 18 years of education for MD in Dermatology.
MD Dermatology Admission Requirement
Sheikh Zayed Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute / Hospital
Things To Know Before Joining Dermatology Program
Set Of Skills You Need For Dermatology
A person applying for Dermatology field must possess the following qualities:
- Communication skills as understanding your patients is a dermatologist’s job basic need.
- Considerate since as a dermatologist you will come across several people who will be insecure about their skin.
- Detail oriented to help them understand how the procedure will benefit their skin
- Compassion to provide emotional support and be sympathetic to a patient’s needs.
- Genuine medical care to advocate to pateint’s needs.
Duties Of A Dermatologist
- Diagnose skin problems
- Advice treatments
- Prescribe medicines
- Conduct non-invasive surgeries
- Monitor patient’s progress.
- Evaluate skin condition
- Keep a record of the patient’s symptoms
- Advise patients on preventive skincare
Scope Of Dermatology
After doing BS/MD in dermatology, you can:
- Work in pharmaceutical firms
- Work in research departments
- Work in a private hospital
- Work in a public hospital
- Work in medical labs
- Work in health departments
- Work as a lecturer in medical institutes
- Work as a lecturer in paramedical institutes
- Work in the surgical equipment business
- Pharmaceutical firms
Dermatology Job Opportunities And Job Market
Employment of dermatologists is projected to grow 11.4% from 2019 to 2029, a lot quicker than the normal for all occupations.
Here’s how you can search for job for dermatologists online:
Step # 1: Search for “Job for dermatologists in pakistan”
Step # 2: Click on Tools, then click on Any time
Step # 3: Click on the time period you want to search for a job for.