Roadmap To Become Radiation Therapist In Pakistan
Want to pursue your career as a Radiation Therapist? Well, here’s a complete guide, or let’s call it a roadmap to become a Radiation Therapist in Pakistan.
Are you too amazed by how much our medical world has evolved by the invention of technologies? Well, if you are then I would suggest you pursue your career in Radiation Therapy!
This guideline piece of writing talks about the following:
- What is Radiation Therapy?
- Universities offering Radiation Therapy course
- Eligibility Criteria of Radiation Therapy course
- Radiation Therapy course admission requirements
- Radiation Therapy course fee
- Things To Know Before Choosing Radiation Therapy course
- Job Opportunities For Radiation Therapy course
What Is Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy also known as radiotherapy is the usage of certain radiations to cure various diseases and cancer, safely and effectively. Radiation therapy helps in the treatment of cancer and also to ease any symptoms of certain diseases.
There are two kinds of radiation therapy beams; internal and external. Both are used to cure, prevent, stop, or slow down the growth of cancer cells. Radiation Therapy works by damagining and blocking genetic material within cancer cells.
Who Is A Radiation Therapist?
A radiation therapist is a clinical expert who manages radiation to patients who have malignancy. Radiation specialists are important for an interdisciplinary group of oncologists, clinical physicists and oncology medical caretakers who all work together to design and control therapies and screen the state of patients.
Degree Completion In Radiation Therapy
In order to become a Radiation Therapist, the first step is degree completion. But what matters here is what university you opt for your bachelors. Let’s have a look at top universities offering Bachelors in Radiation Therapy.
09 Top Universities Offering Bachelors Radiation Therapy
Educational status varies from university to university. Choosing the best in town ensures the best place in the job market too! Have a look at top universities offering Radiation Therapy.
|1. King Edward Medical University / Mio Hospital||Lahore||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||54000||30-12-2020|
|Khyber Medical University||Peshawar||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
|The University of Faisalabad||Faisalabad||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
|Ziauddin Medical University||Karachi||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
|The University of Lahore||Lahore||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
|Isra University||Hyderabad||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
|Sheikh Zayed Federal Postgraduate Medical Institute||Lahore||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
|Vertex College of Science and Technology||Islamabad||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
|NCS Education System||Peshawar||B.Sc. [Hons] , 4 Years||not specified||not specified|
Eligibility Requirements To Become A Radiation Therapist
You need to score a minimum of 60% marks in your FSC Pre-medical. In case you are doing A-Levels, you need to clear biology, chemistry, and physics with at least 50% marks. Moreover, you need to also pass MDCAT entry test.
Radiation Therapy Admission Requirement
In order to enroll yourself in a Radiation therapy course you need to clear the MDCAT entrance test. There are no merit based admissions in case of radiation therapy, however some universities do have merit based admission policies.
Radiation Therapy Course Fee
The course fee varies from university to university. On average, the university’s yearly course expense for Radiation therapy is around Rs 54,000 per month. Moreover, the Radiation Therapy expense will also depend upon whether the university runs under government administration or private organization.
Radiation Therapy Subject Outline
|Radiation Therapy Course Subjects|
|Introduction to Radiation Therapy|
|Biology of Radiation Therapy|
|Physics of Radiation|
|Anatomy and Physiology|
|Radiation Safety Procedures|
|Operating Radiation therapy equipment|
|Administration of Radiation Therapy Program|
Things To Know Before Joining The Radiation Therapy Program
Set Of Skills You Need For Becoming A Radiation Therapist
A person applying for Radiation Therapy course must possess the following qualities:
- Customer Skills: Since radiation therapists have direct interaction with patients, they should know how to deal with them and comfort them.
- Personal Service Skills: Radiation therapists must know how to make patients comfortable and empathetic.
- Critical Thinking: They should be great at thinking spontaneously and handling situations maturely.
- Operation Monitoring: Must know how to monitor radiation treatments skillfully.
- Basic required fields knowledge: Radiation therapists must possess science, math, and medical knowledge including types of illnesses treated by radiation therapy.
- Command over english language: Radiation therapists must know how to speak english fluently to interact with medical professionals and learn more about their field.
Duties Of A Radiation Therapist
- Position patients for therapy and convey high portions of ionizing radiation as told
- Keep definite records of patient’s treatment
- Screen the patient to check for unseen and unusual responses to the treatment
- Give prescribed radiation dose to specific body parts through radiation therapy equipment.
- Explain methods and strategies to a patient to keep them up to date throughout the procedure
Where Does A Radiation Therapist Work?
A radiation therapist work in:
- Physician’s office
- Outpatient centers
Scope Of Radiation Therapy
If you opt for radiation therapy, you can:
- Work as a dental hygienist
- Work as respiratory therapists
- Work as a registered nurse
- Work as a radiologic technologist
- Work as an MRI technologist
- Work as a physical therapist assistant
- Work as a cardiovascular assistant
- Work as a diagnostic medical sonographer
- Work as a nuclear medicine technologist
Salary Of Radiation Therapist
Radiation Therapy offers a lucrative pay. A Radiation Therapist earns around Rs 218,000 per month including housing, transport, and other benefits. Whereas on average Rs 102,000 (lowest) to Rs 344,000 (highest).
Radiation Therapist Job Opportunities And Job Market
Employment of Radiation Therapy is projected to grow 07% from 2019 to 2029.
Here’s how you can search for job for Radiation Therapy online:
Step # 1: Search for “Radiation Therapist Job In Pakistan”
Step # 2: Click on Tools, then click on Any time
Step # 3: Click on the time period you want to search for a job for.