The answer is it depends. Generally, people want to have healthy food with low calories, and to save time they order it from a restaurant. However ordering from outside is not a healthy option, if you are a Caesar salad lover you can still enjoy them at home by doing a few simple changes.
According to Food Network, “A traditional Caesar salad has 470 calories, 40 grams of fat (9 grams of which are saturated) and 1070 milligrams of sodium so if you want a healthy and weight loss option, Caesar salad is not the salad for you.
You can make your own nutritional caesar salad dressing. However, if you still opt for outsider so there are also some other healthiest options available. Most Caesar salads contain saturated fats and sodium.
How Many Calories Does It Have In One Serving Size?
The calories totally rely on what you are putting into caesar salad. There are a few things that make your salad more nutritious including adding protein to your salad, such as grilled chicken or tuna for B12 and Omega 3s.
Usually, homemade caesar salad with these ingredients including the use of each ingredient has about 300 calories per serving size with around 20g of fat. If you’re looking for something low caloric, then attempt using balsamic. Calories also lean on how much olive oil you are using.
Adding vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, carrots, and onions can also be a great form to add vitamins to your meal.
What Will You Need to Make Caesar Salad For Weight Loss
A Caesar salad is desired mostly by people who are fitness and health-conscious. It is very easy to make and can be prepared with the ingredients lying in your kitchen with various health benefits.
Here are the main ingredients that make your Caesar salad good for weight loss;
- Romaine lettuce is the most suitable type of lettuce for Caesar salad. It has some crunch to it and absorbs dressing very nicely.
- Using chicken or shrimp for a low caloric option is also a good choice for the healthy caser salad.
- Parmesan cheese is essential but there is no need to use it in a very big amount to make a big change in taste. Just use a slight amount in the dressing itself and a few flakes on top of the salad.
- Scratch using low-calorie bread is the most suitable choice. Use a regular toast bread with 45 calories per slice or less. However low carb bread has only 30 calories per slice and this bread is also a great alternative.
- Don’t forget to do the dressing. Low-calorie Caesar dressing with whole egg is the best option. If you do not want eggs, use the Greek yogurt option.
How to Make Healthy Caesar Salad
We suggest making a Caesar Salad at home to replace a few ingredients for a healthier version lower in calories and fat. Below are the steps for how to make healthy caesar salad at home;
- Chop the lettuce.
- Wash it off and let it dry.
- Mix salt, paprika, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Now prepare the croutons by lining toast on a baking tray. Spread the toast with spice mix now bake in the oven at 450F for 10 minutes depending on your bread. Your bread might take a longer or shorter time.
For the dressing follow the steps with only 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 52 calories a serving;
You need to have the following ingredients;
- Olive oil
- Plain greek yogurt
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Clove garlic
- Anchovy paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
Now add all the ingredients to the blender and mix for 10 seconds until smooth. Store it in the container. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Caesar salad from restaurants is not a good option to have healthy food. If you want to have a healthy and low-calorie salad don’t worry you can have it in your home by following the above-mentioned steps within 52 calories per serving.
Isn’t amazing to have highly nutritious caser salad with low calories during weight loss just by replacing some ingredients.