8 Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss and Flat Tummy
This article is a step-by-step guide on Yoga for weight loss and flat tummy.
Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and envision a perfectly flat stomach but find a rather bulging or bloated one? Or, do you intensely aspire to get your body toned or lose a few pounds and inches here and there? Well, you’ve stumbled across the precise article which would pave your path towards your desired dream body with just these 8 simple, yet effective yoga for weight loss and flat tummy.
A Little About Yoga
Need yoga for weight loss and a flat tummy at home? Before jumping into the art of Yoga, you first need to know what Yoga actually is. Yoga is an exercise for relaxing the body and mind which consequently stimulates our health, sturdiness and endures a toned, physically fit body. Yoga for weight loss and flat tummy has been a practice that originated in India some 5,000 years ago. It has spread worldwide, modernized, and is followed quite extensively. You can notice a massive increase in the number of people doing yoga in the US from 2008 to 2018.
Here are 8 asanas of yoga for weight loss and flat tummy that you should regularly perform.
From being a female teenager to a housewife or working mother, we all seek tips to lose weight and the asanas that have been gathered for you are the best yoga for weight loss at home for females.
Yoga For Weight Loss At Home For Females
Surya Namaskar: Sun Salutation pose
The most effective yoga for weight loss at home for females that you would find on the internet or advised by a Yoga Instructor would be Surya Namaskar. This potent exercise consists of 12 Yoga asanas that target the whole body mass and this yoga for weight loss and flat tummy is extremely helpful if done routinely, without having to hit the gym.
How to do Surya Namaskar:
- Step 1: Start by standing straight, with your feet together on your yoga mat, relax your shoulders, and lift up your arms as you inhale, with your hands glued together.
- Step 2: As you exhale, slowly bring your hands down towards your chest just like the common prayer position.
- Step 3: Inhale again, raise your hands and bend your body backward. Now exhale, and bend forward from your waist, keeping your back straight, which is the prime goal of this step.
- Step 4: Inhale, bend your right knee forward, in between your palms, and stretch your left leg back as much as you can, your knee and foot should be resting straight on the ground. Again, the goal here is to keep your back straight.
- Step 5: Now, push your right leg backward too and put both of your palms on the ground, creating the plank\stick pose. You need to make sure that your arms are aligned.
- Step 6: Exhale, bring your chin, chest, and knees down on the yoga mat and push your hips upwards in the air. Keep inhaling and exhaling during this step.
- Step 7: Next, lie flat on your tummy and gradually raise your upper body from the ground while supporting your posture while keeping your arms straight.
- Step 8: Now, lift your hips and waist up as you keep your legs and hands leveled on the ground.
- Step 9: Moving forward, bend down and put your left leg forward in between your arms, it will form a perpendicular angle. Your right knee should stay in the same position as the previous posture, but the lower leg should be flat on the ground.
- Step 10: Repeat the third step again.
- Step 11: Return to the second step but stretch your arms high above your head.
- Step 12: Take a deep breath and put your hands down.
Benefits Surya Namaskar:
This asana is declared the best yoga for weight loss at home for females as it shapes your whole body and reduces excessive fat.
Trikonasana: Triangular Pose
This yoga for weight loss at home for females has been closely followed by girls throughout several years. It’s uncomplicated, easy to perform, and absolutely fruitful for weight loss.
How to do Trikonasana:
- Step 1: Stand on your yoga mat with your legs some inches apart.
- Step 2: Now, take a deep breath, inhale, lift up your right hand above your head.
- Step 3: Exhale, bend down your figure to the left side.
- Step 4: At the same instant, slide your left hand downwards till it touches your hand or ankles.
- Step 5: Now, lift your right hand towards the ceiling and tilt your face in the same direction.
- Step 6: You need to keep your knees and hands straight in the same position for about 25-30 seconds, then return back to the step 1 position and repeat the whole process again.
Benefits Trikonasana :
- Trikonasana is well known to boost digestion which results in losing waist and an effective yoga to reduce belly fat.
- It targets the muscles of your thighs and arms which helps in toning those parts.
- It improves flexibility, endurance and balance of your whole body.
Bhujangasana: Cobra Pose
Bhujangasana or the Cobra Pose is another easily executable yoga for weight loss at home for females. It’s a simple exercise that requires us to lie down on our stomach and if you aren’t already intrigued by the sound of it, keep reading on how to do it.
How to do Bhujangasana:
- Step 1: Lie flat on your belly on your yoga mat.
- Step 2: Place your palms parallel to your shoulders.
- Step 3: Inhale, slowly lift the upper half of your body with your hands straight and firm, keep bending your upper body till you feel a stretching sensation in your lower abdomen. You need to keep your neck in a neutral position.
- Step 4: Exhale, take deep breaths and hold the posture for a couple of seconds.
Benefits of Bhujangasana:
- A great yoga for weight loss and flat tummy at home which tones your abdomen and buttocks.
- It increases blood circulation and metabolism.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana: Bridge Pose
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, a Sanskrit word or also known as the bridge pose actually resembles a bridge. This asana combined with sufficient sleep and a proper diet lead to losing fat from all over the body.
How to do Setu Bandha Sarvangasana :
- Step 1: Lie flat on your back with your feet placed on the ground, your lower legs straight and knees bent.
- Step 2: At a slow pace, inhale and lift up your hips and stomach, pressing your feet firmly on the ground and your shoulders and arms to lift your chest slightly.
- Step 3: Ensure that your feet are a few inches apart, your arms flat on the floor\mat and that you are involving your buttocks and legs while lifting your hips up.
- Step 4: Hold this position for about 5-7 breaths or up to a minute and then return back to step 1.
Benefits of Setu Bandha:
- It improves indigestion which is attributed to weight loss.
- It activates core muscles in your shoulders which helps to lose fat from the back and extra flab.
Naukasana: Boat Pose- Most Beneficial Yoga For Belly Fat
With regular practice, this boat pose asana is a guaranteed yoga for belly fat and the results are visible in just a month.
How to do Naukasana:
- Step 1: Sit on your mat with your full legs extended out straight.
- Step 2: Then, bend your knees and lean your torso back and stretch your arms forward.
- Step 3: Lift up your legs to the level of your hands and stay in the position while holding your breath.
- Step 4: drop your legs down and exhale.
Benefits of Naukasana:
- It tones your abs and makes your abdominal muscles strong which makes it the most effective yoga to reduce belly fat.
- It also tones your shoulders, back and arms.
Pavanamuktasana: Wind Relieving Pose
If you have a bloated stomach because of gastric or constipation problems, this yoga for belly fat is best for such complications.
How to do Pavanamuktasana:
- Step 1: Lie flat on your back and bend your knees.
- Step 2: Slowly, pull your legs to your stomach so that they exert pressure on your belly and abdomen.
- Step 3: Hold your legs with your arms to support the posture and keep breathing deeply.
- Step 4: Return back to lying flat on your back and repeat this maximum 8 times.
Benefits of Pavanamuktasana:
- As you hold your position while doing the asana, it triggers in shedding fat from the belly and lower abdomen and hence is commonly practiced yoga to reduce belly fat.
- It also tones the muscles in your arms and thighs.
Marjariasana: Cat Pose
This posture stretches your back and puts pressure on your belly which activates your digestive organs and this yoga to reduce belly fat is practiced extensively.
How to do Marjariasana:
- Step 1: Sit with your lower legs flat on the ground and your knees bent.
- Step 2: Now raise your buttocks and stand on your knees.
- Step 3: Lean forward and put your palms on the ground, creating a cat-like posture. At this stage, your hands should be aligned with your knees.
- Step 4: Inhale and lift your head up and push your spine down.
- Step 5: Just after this, take your spine up and head down while exhaling.
- Step 6: Repeat the process around 8 to 10 times.
Benefits of Marjariasana:
- Reduces stress from the abdominal muscles and stimulates to tone them. It is frequently exercised as yoga to reduce belly fat as it melts the fat and reduces belly size.
- It also improves your posture.
Dhanurasana: Bow pose
This beneficial asana is a wonderful yoga for weight loss and flat tummy and also, helps you to stretch your abdomen and back.
How to do Dhanurasana:
- Step 1: Lie down on your tummy and keep your legs straight and a bit apart.
- Step2: Gradually fold your knees and hold your feet with your hands.
- Step 3: Inhale and lift up your chest and waist from the ground and pull your legs higher and stretch your arms furthermore.
- Step 4: Stay in the same position for almost 20-30 seconds.
Benefits Of Dhanurasana:
- It tones your belly as it’s effective yoga to reduce belly fat and fat from the lower abdomen.
- It perks up your posture and makes your back muscles strong.
Being a health enthusiast myself, I strongly recommend you to inculcate these yoga techniques for weight loss and flat tummy, in your daily life routine. Alongside this, healthy, nutritious meals should be infused into your daily diet and it is advised to sleep for more than 7 hours for your body’s well-being.
Daily Medicos is a content hub that provides articles on Health & Wellness, prevention from diseases, Guidance for medical conditions, Healthy Nutritional tips, inspiration on mental health problems, and a Healthy living lifestyle!