Is your Google search history full of different variations of the same inquisition- How you get glowing skin overnight? How to get rid of your dark circles? And how do you get fair skin complexion? and you are tired of using different products and reaching for harmful, harsh, irritating fairness creams, now it’s time to rifle your skin by following some useful tips or remedies to get brightened, healthy, glowing and shiny skin by using natural ingredients.
Frequently we are trying all-new face washes, sunburn creams, anti-aging formulas, or any other skin products which hit in markets without knowing their pros and cons and it may often be good or sometimes bad. Everyone has a different type of skin, that’s why it’s treatment plan is somehow different to one another. Getting instant glowing skin is not an overnight miracle. Everything takes time to give better results, and you should need continuity in your habits to try or apply something on your face.
Here are some excellent beauty tips for your face to get the glow or shine you’ve always wanted with a well-known understanding about the determination of your skin type. Your skin darkening is caused by exposure to sunlight and also over-production of the pigment melanin in your skin.
Reasons for instant glow on your skin
Taking proper care and giving much more attention makes your skin glowing, and you look gorgeous without using makeup products. There are mainly two reasons for the extra glow on the skin.
1. Cell Renewal
Your skin glows when it smooths to reflect the light, while your skin becomes dry and dull when rough dead skin cells pile up and absorb light. Children and younger people glow more easily because their skin cells turn over or renew themselves after every 28 days.
As you are aged, the process of cell renewal increasingly slows down and it is always influenced by other factors such as health, diet, quality of slip of hormonal changes that caused cell turnover to take up to few months.
Increasing circulation is a second factor that contributes to your skin. Have you noticed how your skin glows more after being enhanced when you just have showered? It is because of increasing blood supply to your skin flashes of becoming red blood to the surface of the skin. And it seems glowing when it reflects the light. Increasing blood flow also balances or adjusts your temperature and helps to flesh out the waste of toxins to sweat where they can be cleansed through sweat.
Determine your skin type
Having a glowing skin does not always come naturally. You may need to follow a strict routine for a week (cleansing, moisturizer). Your face helps you attain a glowing skin and you may need proper skincare by just washing your face. You may follow the following steps to determine what type of skin you have:
Step-1 (Basic skin type)
Mainly there are five different types of skin people have. These are dry, oily, combination, normal, and sensitive. It’s important to know which one is your skin type before treating your skin. Every type of skin seems different and possesses a different treating style to get a radiant glow.
Step-2 (cleans your skins)
To determine your type of skin, you may clean it with soft water to remove the surfeit of dirt. Then pet dry with a towel or a tissue paper, but do not rub your skin as you don’t want to irritate the skin.
Step-3 (Press tissue paper to T-Zone)
After cleansing dry your skin you may wait about 20 to 30 mins and then test the type of skin on your T-Zone. Take a tissue paper or a napkin, and softly press down on your T-zone. Make sure that the whole area contacts your tissue paper.
T-zone movement includes your forehead and nose. The T-zone is on top of “T” above your eyebrows and length of “T” along your nose.
Step-4 (Examine your tissue paper)
Now remove the tissue paper or napkin from your face and look if any dirt or any oil has been picked up from your skin. Now determine your type of skin by noticing these things:
i. Dry skin: If your skin feels stretchy, it means this is a sign of peeling and dead skin. You may see that after cleaning your face, small pores appear with skin type. You will require extra care to moisturize it.
ii. Oily Skin: If you see shiny faces or oil on your tissue paper with large pores. Achieving glow for this skin type you will need to keep your oil production controlled by using light products.
iii. Normal Skin: If you will see your tissue paper have little amount of oil and no flaking or peeling on your skin it means your face is healthy and it produces sufficient amounts of oil but you should be careful your skin maintains it normally.
iv. Combination skin: The tissue is oily because of T-Zone, but your cheeks or other parts of the face are normal or dry and are treated easily.
v. Sensitive Skin: This won’t show any sign on your tissue paper or napkin, but it might show it on your face after removing the tissue paper. You can notice your face becoming red or irritant. You may often feel a burning sensation after applying a product on your face.
It means you have sensitive skin or you may need extra care whenever you clean your face. You should not use any product without a prescription from a dermatologist because it makes your skin harsh.
How to get instant glowing skin?
The main indicator for instantly glowing and healthy skin is a natural glow. The factors such as, stressful lifestyles, hectic work, tough schedules, insufficient sleep, lack of nutritional diet, harmful sun rays, and excessive smoking make your skin dull and dry. But all of these are a part of your life, and you cannot run away from this, but you can prevent them. Although, you cannot hold on or stop your age, but you can surely slow down the process of loss of glow and radiance from your skin.
Here are some easy steps which can help you get a glowing skin:
1. By drinking plenty of water
It is important that you drink 10-12 glasses of water daily, because plenty of water helps to flush out the toxins out of your body. Your skin needs to receive enough water to be hydrated, soft, glowing, and shiny. Without the intake of water, your skin becomes dull or dry.
2. By wearing sunscreen daily
Whenever you step outdoors, always use sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor). The usage of sunscreen is not only in summers but also in winters. A good quality of sunscreen protects your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays.
3. By avoiding smoking
If glowing skin is your desire, keep all types of addictions away such as smoking tobacco, drugs, and drinking alcohol. It can lead to serious health as well as skin problems and they are responsible for premature aging, fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration of skin.
Exfoliation should happen right after the cleansing step. Use mild, soft scrubbing products depending on your skin type. Use mild exfoliant if you have pimples on your skin as scrubbing on a rash, irritant, or a sensitive area can cause more breakouts. Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. Skin that is not exfoliated gathers up to 10 times more weight with clogged pores and dead skin cells. It also improves your blood circulation and lightens the skin, making it gentle, soft, smooth, youthful, and shiny.
5. Ban the chemicals
If you are skin conscious and you have a habit of applying all products as you see on your advertisement, don’t entice yourself by the fancy advertisements you see. Whenever you purchase any product (sunscreen, fairness cream, cleanser, lotion, or any other skincare product) try to read the list of active ingredients. Select the ones which contain natural oils like olive oils, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, rosemary oil, etc, and always stay away from the ones that contain chemicals like sulfates and parabens.
6. Paying attention to certain Special Areas
After the age of 30 or above, it is necessary that you must pay attention to certain special areas of your body like the neck, eyes, hands, and feet which shows early signs of aging. After the age of 30th, the skin around your neck and hands gradually becomes loose, and you can observe dark circles and puffiness under your eyes. These are the initial signs of skin aging. You should pay attention to your sensitive areas.
7. Get enough sleep
When we get to sleep, our body repairs the damaged cells and replenishes or freshen the old ones. Our body requires at least eight hours of sleep daily for getting healthy skin and it also refreshes your mind.
8. Switch with seasons
It is a good idea to modify or adapt your skincare routines with the changes in season, especially, during summer or spring season. You should switch to oil control face packs, washes, and light toners during the summer season. While in winters, you should switch to hydrating foot care lotions or any moisturizing skin care products.
9. Healthy diet
A healthy diet is very important for your body and your skin. Not a single cleanser, toner, moisturizer can make your skin healthy without a proper, healthy diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals which are essential for our body. Try to include them in your diet for younger, freshen, and glowing skin. Some foods that you can include are listed below:
Diet for glowing skin
a) Best fruits for glowing skin:
b) Best vegetables for glowing skin:
- Spinach and other green leafy vegetables
c) Dry fruits for glowing skin:
d) Green Juice for glowing skin:
This green juice contains an abundance of essential vitamins and minerals which will maintain the health and instant glowing of your skin.
- 1/2 green apple
- 1 cucumber
- A handful of spinach leaves
- 5-6 celery stalks
- Few drops of lemon
Blend all the ingredients and drink this juice.
Home remedies for your glowing skin
Yes, it’s possible to get glowing skin by home remedies. You have put some of your efforts constantly into getting fresh, younger, and glowing skin. Following simple home, remedies are listed for your convenience. These are:
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedies for glowing your skin. Aloe Vera is highly antioxidant (such as Vitamin-C and vitamin-E) and it helps to speed up the process of wound healing and protects your skin from sunburn. Adding a few drops of lemon on Aloe vera helps to lighten your dark spot and discoloration on your face.
Ingredients- Aloe Vera-1cup (fresh extracted) , Lemon juice (1-2 tablespoons)
- Add a few drops lemon juice on aloevera gel.
- Apply it on your skin as a face mask and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash it with tap water.
- For seeing the best results you can apply this face mask 2-3 times a week.
2. Egg white
Egg white is one of the simplest home treatments for glowing skin because it is portion rich. Egg whites absorb excess oil from your skin and lighten your skin by lightening your complexion or removing dirt.
Ingredients- egg white, Lemon juice (1- 1/2tablespoons), Rosewater (1- 1/2 tablespoons)
- Add lemon juice and rise water in egg white.
- Mix it well to bring foaming consistency.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes until it dries.
- Peel it off from side to side slowly and wash it thoroughly with water.
- For glowing and radiant skinflint you may apply this mask twice a week.
Turmeric is commonly available and the cheapest spice which is rich in antioxidants and fights against free radicals. Turmeric powder is effective which polishes your skin and enhances your complexion.
Ingredients- Turmeric (1-1/2 tablespoons), Gram Flour/ besan (1 tablespoons), Yogurt or milk (1-2 tablespoons), Honey (1/2 tablespoons).
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix it well.
- Apply this paste on in clean skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Massage your face with your wet fingertips in a circular movement.
- Rinse it with water and pat dry for glowing skin.
- You may apply this mask once in a week to get radiant and glowing skin.
4. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is the best natural home treatment for making your skin healthy and glowing. Coconut oil has many fatty acids (Myristuc acid and Lauric acid) which help to moisturize your skin. Topical application of coconut oil on your skin decreases the inflammation of your skin and increases the elasticity of your skin.
Ingredients- Coconut oil (1 tablespoon), Lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- Add a few drops of lemon juice in coconut oil and mix it well.
- Apply it on your face generously and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Then rinse it with warm water.
- For radiant skin you may apply this on your face 3-4 times a week.
5. Honey with banana
Whenever any beauty or cosmetic expert suggests you some tips for a healthy and glowing skin at home, they recommend honey. Honey has antioxidant properties to speed up the wound healing process and also helps to fight against acne, wrinkles, and shiny signs. By adding bananas, this may increase the flexibility of your skin and provide you with a moisturizing effect.
Ingredients- Honey (1-1/2 tablespoons), Ripe banana mash (1-2 tablespoons)
- Mix honey with banana mash. Mix it well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this on your face and neck and massage well.
- Massage it for 5 minutes and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it well with warm water.
Ubtan is powdered ayurvedic herbs with numerous benefits for your skin. It is the best remedy for fair and glowing skin. Ubtan is an herbal brand and contains powerful ingredients such as turmeric, almond powder, gram flour, rose powder, and fruit pulps. These ingredients boost the health and shine of your skin.
Ingredients- Ubtan, sandal water (1-2 tablespoons), Papaya (1/2 tablespoon), Besan (1 tablespoon), Milk (1-1/2 tablespoon).
- Mix all ingredients well and get a smooth consistency.
- Apply this paste on your skin and leave it for 20-30 minutes until it dries.
- Remove this mask by massaging your face with your fingertips.
- Rinse it with tap water and pat it dry.
- You may apply this mask twice a day.
Rosewater is a natural elixir for lightening your skin complexion and gives you moisturizer by applying rosewater on your face to remove the signs of dullness and fatigueness instantly and you may also use kg as a timer to shrink your pores.
Ingredients- Rosewater (2-3 tablespoons), Lemon juice (few drop), Glycerine (1 tablespoon)
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
- Now Use cotton ball to apply this mixture.
- Massage for a couple of minutes and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it thoroughly with tap water.
9. Orange peel
Orange peel is an excellent remedy for instantly glowing your skin and it contains vitamin-C which helps to lighten your complexion and also works as an antioxidant. Orange peel is a natural cleanser that helps to remove dirt and pores on your skin and decrease the pigmentation.
Ingredients- Orange peel powder, Yogurt (1 tablespoon)
- Add orange peel powder in yogurt and mix well to smooth consistency.
- Apply it on your skin and leave it for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse it with water.
- Use this paste twice in a week so you may achieve spotless skin with a natural glow.
10. Fuller’s clay (multani mitti)
Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Clay absorbs excess kg sebum on your skin and removes all dirt and impurities. It also helps to reduce pigmentation and gives you a fair, glowing complexion.
Ingredients- Multani Mitti (2 tablespoons), Turmeric powder (1 tablespoon), Sandalwood powder (1-2 tablespoons)
- Combine all the ingredients and mix it well.
- Apply this mask on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes until it dries.
- Rinse it with water.
- Apply this mask once or twice a week.
Additional tips for instant glowing skin
Some additional tips for glowing your skin are to follow the CTM on your daily routine. CTM is cleansing, toning, and moisturizing and we are well aware by CTM technique. If you do not clean or moisturize your face daily not a single remedy can work on your skin. These steps to follow the CTM are:
Step-1: Apply CTM daily
- It’s important to follow the CTM routine everyday because this tip moisturizes and cleans your skin.
- Doing this CTM tip in the morning helps you to start your day fresh with a clean and glowing face.
- People with sensitive or dry skin do not apply this on a regular basis in the morning because it may irritate your skin. So, they apply this on the night before going to bed.
Step-2: Cleanse your face
- You may buy a soft cleanser to wash your face. Put the cleanser on your fingertips then rub it on your face in circular motion.
- Then rinse it with warm water and pat it dry.
- Firstly, make sure the cleanser you buy suits your skin type.
- Cream cleansers are more hydrating and moisturizing, after applying this you feel refreshing, while you may also use gel cleanser if you have oily skin.
- Then you can remove it by wipes.
Step-3: Apply towel
- Firstly take a cotton ball and pour the toner on it then dip the cotton ball in your tonner and swipe it on T-Zone, or other reflected areas.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, always be careful when using a toner. You can also apply it on a small area to see the result, then apply it on your entire face
Step-4: Moisturize your skin
- After cleaning your face apply moisturizer to keep your face hydrated and moisten. Moisturizer comes in different types you’ll choose according to your skin type.
- If you have oily skin you may buy a lighter moisturizer.
Step-5: Use eye cream
- Area under your eye is the thinnest part of your skin and it lacks moisturizer.
- Apply eye cream under your eyes around the orbital bone.
- This can help you prevent dark circles.
Before you leave!
The major component for your healthy skin is the natural glow which is God-gifted, but due to many reasons or circumstances, you may lose your natural beauty because of the busiest life you have. No worries, just by putting some of your efforts you get your glow back on your face. And always remember not a single remedy or beauty product can work on your skin if your diet is improper or intake of water is poor. Firstly hydrate your skin by intake of plenty of water then make a proper healthy chart, then you may use beauty products but after reading the prescription and also applying easy home remedies for constant glowing skin.
A student of Respiratory Therapist from Dow university of health sciences. She trying to find scientific knowledge and theory to practical problems Related to respiratory care modalities including oxygen and aerosol therapy ,breathing problems and humidity And focusing cardiopulmonary diseases .just to help students to understand in easier way and for acknowledging common people.