Do you want to know why most of people find massage therapy relaxing? Why do they swear off the health benefits of massage therapy? Read the complete article to get to know what are some good massage techniques. We will introduce you to the professional’s recommended massage techniques to opt for, which can prove to be improving your overall health to a level you can’t imagine.
Why do people swear off the goodness of massage therapy?
Who doesn’t know the endless health benefits of massage therapy? The magical influences of massage therapy have been blowing everyone’s mind for centuries now. A lot of different massage techniques are used to treat muscular pain and stiffness, bones and joint pain, depression and mental health issues, and other illnesses. The magical hands of a professional therapist know how to soothe your stressed body by manipulating your soft tissues with gentle touches, a variation of pressure, and opting for some super effective different massage techniques. The massage therapy, with an ancient background, is recommended to the people with the following common conditions:
- Pain and stress caused due to cancer
- Cardiovascular diseases
- GIT and digestion issues
- Sleep disorders
- Muscle tension and soreness
- Injuries in soft tissues
- Chronic anxiety and depression
Listing some exceptional health benefits of massage therapy
The overwhelming response the therapists gain after a great massage session owes to a lot of health benefits of massage therapy. Several researches indicate that different massage techniques can help in managing the physical as well as mental well-being of an individual. The immediate relaxing feeling is the cherry on the top, but let us dig into the detail of how effective massage techniques can strengthen your body. This article cannot encompass the vast range of health benefits of massage therapy, however some of them are:
- An improvement in blood circulation
- Confirmed reduction in muscle tension
- Minimization in the release of stress hormones
- An improvement in your skin tone
- Boosted metabolism
- Better mental and emotional health by reducing depression
- Enhancement in brain function
- Rapid recovery of tissue injuries
- A stimulation in your lymphatic system, the sewage system of your body
- Flushing out the toxins and metabolic wastes
What are some good massage techniques? Explaining the benefits in detail!
There exist more than 80 different massage techniques in more than 50 cultures of the world. Each of them possesses different impressive characteristics and properties. Let’s discuss some of the best techniques and the principle steps therapists follow to make them relaxing:
1. Active release therapy
The idea of this technique originated to help the elite athletes calm their nerves after hectic training and regular sports sessions. This technique doesn’t involve the long-windedness of a long massage, rather it promises to return the athletes to their peak performances by immediately releasing their muscle tension and fatigue. This is one of the most preferred massage techniques by the fitness coaches of sportsmen due to the following reasons:
- Instant provision of relief
- Effective muscle targeting
- Rapid recovery of sports injuries
- Improved range of motion
- Cleaning out the scar tissue and muscle adhesion
- Immediate relief from headaches
- Gradual treatment of joint conditions
2. Myofascial release therapy
Tight fascia is the thick fibrous layer of connective tissue that is present between the muscle and the skin. This specialized technique refers to breaking down the tight fascia. Myofascial release therapy tops the list when it comes to discussing the best versions of different facial massage techniques. The zones of comfort offered by this technique include:
- Enhancement of blood circulation where the restriction has occurred
- Improvement in overall muscle function
- Reduction in soreness caused by exercise
- Improvement in movement and flexibility
- Pain relief
- Releasing of knots and trigger points
3. Trigger point therapy
If you are wondering what are some good massage techniques, you should consider this technique due to its impressive advantages. It comforts your targeted pressure points with a confirmed relief felt in the whole body. This technique involves the treatment of muscle spasms by alternated pressure play with the fingertips, thumbs, and knuckles. This massage style promises:
- A significant decrease in headaches
- Improved muscle flexibility
- Alleviation of muscle spasms
- Better posture
- Expanded range of motion
Acupuncture has been a part of Chinese alternative medicine history for so long now. Chinese are fond of natural health-improving techniques and they truly know the health benefits of massage therapy as well. Therefore, they combined both well and originated this technique named as acupuncture, also known as acupressure. It demonstrates the insertion of pointed needles on target pressure points of the body. This technique is also said to be a part of pseudoscience and the gains it gives to your body are as following:
- Relief from body pain
- Relief from mental stress
- Treatment of various types of allergies
- Reduction in eye strain and improving the vision
- Enhancement in mental clarity and perception
- Improvement in blood circulation
- An immediate energy boost
- Elimination of digestive issues
- A strong body armor- your immunity
Different amounts of pressure are applied to your different body parts in this technique including your hands, feet, and ears. Reflexologists believe that you can induce the positive brain function by creating a connection of different body parts with the brain with the help of pressure. This is the reason behind most of the health benefits of massage therapy, and it makes sense. The impulse generation and traveling in the whole body can be manipulated to calm the nerves as well as the body organs.
- An instant mood lift
- Reduced stress
- Ensuring the physical as well as mental well-being
- Clearing up of the sinus
- Reduced digestion problems
- Fertility boost
- A correct hormonal balance
- Relief from back pain
- Protection against cancer
6. Shiatsu therapy
Japan is the birthplace of Shiatsu massage therapy. This specific technique is defined as the application of pressure on particular body areas in an attempt to treat the body stiffness, stress, tension, and tiredness. Shiatsu can treat:
- Musculoskeletal pains
- Digestive disorders
7. Lymphatic drainage therapy
The technique aims to broaden up the blood vessels to improve the blood circulation and to encourage the natural drainage by boosting the overall performance of your lymphatic system. The lymph nodes which are present in the groin restore the excess lymph fluid once the drainage completes. The lymphatic drainage therapy ensures the following health gains:
- Improved circulation
- The smoother flow of the transport lymph fluid
- Reduction in body swelling/ bloating
- A strengthened lymphatic system
- Assistance in weight loss
- Immunity boost
8. Biodynamic massage therapy
This therapy focuses on the overall well-being of the human body, including the emotional and physical health. This approach is a body-oriented treatment of many problems including anxiety and chronic depression. This message acts level by level on:
The benefits are listed right here:
- Deep body relaxation
- Increased stability
- Better sleep
- Better digestion
- Increased energy flow
- Reviving body integration
- Mood uplift
9. Lomilomi massage therapy
This sacred technique of Hawaii represents the traditional culture and ancient natural techniques used there for treating common health issues of Hawaiians by the known therapists. It creates a hypnotic effect on the recipient through gentle yet deep strokes, and an immediate sense of relaxation is guaranteed during and after the session. It brings your mind to an absolute point where stillness prevails as a thought. This approach ensures you do not think too much about the things you have to worry about in daily life. Lomilomi bless your body in a lot of ways, such as:
- Speedy healing of injuries and wounds
- Reduced tension
- Improved range of motion
- Stabilized posture
- Better immune response
- Treatment of hypertension
- Protection against heart attack/ strokes
- Regulates digestive mechanisms
10. Stone massage therapy
This can be one of the most fascinating and popular massage therapies you came across to date. People who keep on asking what are some good massage techniques also have heard about this particular technique. In this massage, hot or cooled stones are placed and massaged to make all the natural goodness of the natural minerals and salts radiate and absorb into your body tissues. You can look up to have several health profits after a relaxing stone massage session. Read the below points to know what a good stone massage therapy can offer:
- It promotes better and regular sleep patterns.
- It eases muscle pain and tension.
- It makes a drop in cancer symptoms and their progression.
- It aids in relieving the symptoms of many autoimmune disorders.
- It boosts immunity.
- It normalizes the hormone balance.
- It ensures great skin.
Before you leave!
The body is the only place where you have to live in, for your whole life. So why shouldn’t we care for it? The endless benefits of different techniques of massage therapy not only make a noticeable improvement in your physical well-being but it also promotes the maintenance of your charming smile on your face by keeping your nerves calm and soothed. The relaxation you get from a great massage session can also aid you make better decisions in your life due to your ability to think smartly and you are going to acquire a more focused approach towards life. This is the magic spell the gentle touches of a professional and expert therapist can cast!
A student of Respiratory Therapist from Dow university of health sciences. She trying to find scientific knowledge and theory to practical problems Related to respiratory care modalities including oxygen and aerosol therapy ,breathing problems and humidity And focusing cardiopulmonary diseases .just to help students to understand in easier way and for acknowledging common people.